All year round.
13:30 – 21:30
The Federation and Academy
Haberdashers’ Aske’s Hatcham College provides a safe, rigorous and challenging learning environment for pupils of all abilities and backgrounds. Our expectations are high in terms of pupil progress and achievement, and behaviour. In February 2014 we received our fourth consecutive Ofsted grade of ‘Outstanding’.
To undertake all tasks essential to the effective running of the academy. You will work closely with different teams across the academy to ensure tasks are completed efficiently and in line with the various deadlines for the academic year. With a strong customer focus, you will carry out your role displaying a positive attitude and a collaborative approach to your work.
The successful candidate will need:
- Basic training in one or more of the following; plumbing, general and grounds maintenance, electrical/building maintenance, heating systems (or sound experience of same)
- Experience working in a maintenance environment
- Considerable DIY experience at minor maintenance level
- Practical understanding of health & safety and security procedures and practices
- First Aider or willingness to undertake suitable training
- Basic computer skills or willingness to learn (e.g. e-mail, MS Word, Internet)
- Skills in plumbing, electrical work, carpentry/joinery, painting and glazing to competent DIY standard
- Ability to monitor and report on structural faults/repairs
- Organisational skills to facilitate lettings
- Ability to multi task and attend to different requests
- Ability to communicate and liaise effectively with persons at all levels including contractors