We are looking for a Facilities’ Supervisor to undertake general maintenance and emergency repairs, security, portering and cleaning services to the school. The successful candidate will assist the Senior Leadership Team (SLT) to ensure Oakfield House School is effectively managed and the requirements of Health & Safety legislation and school policy are understood and adhered to throughout.
About the Role
The successful candidate will undertake general and emergency repairs and maintenance around the establishment to ensure the site is a safe and well maintained environment for pupils, employees and visitors.
Oakfield House School will cater for children aged 5-11and aims to achieve an occupancy of 42 pupils. Our aim is to change young people’s lives and through the use of accredited courses, we will always provide our pupils with the best possible opportunities to succeed beyond Oakfield House School.
Oakfield House School is based in Salwick, Preston, Lancashire and part of Acorn Care and Education, the second largest private sector provider of special needs education in the country operating 18 schools for children and young people who have a range of social, emotional and mental health needs and also pupils who have been diagnosed with autism or demonstrate behaviours associated with autism
The post holder must hold a clean driving licence.
- To supervise all external contractors ensuring that all necessary procedures are adhered to.
- Maintain security of the site
- Be a named key holder for emergency call outs. Liaise with the alarm company as and when required.
- To ensure that all equipment and materials are used in accordance with Health & Safety guidelines.
- To ensure that company tools and equipment are kept in good order and propose solutions to repair any faulty tools or equipment to SLT.
- To have weekly meetings with the SLT to discuss the operation of the site.
- To undertake banking runs as and when required.
Subject to approved reference/DBS checks. If you have any further queries regarding how to apply please email email@example.com
Acorn Care and Education are committed to the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All successful applicants will be subject to an Enhanced DBS Check