The Facilities Manager is responsible for ensuring that the schools’ infrastructure, facilities and equipment are safe, secure and fit for purpose. Working closely with the Business Manager you will have oversight of immediate as well as planned and preventative maintenance. Be responsible for the premises and facilities management throughout the school and ensure that all statutory premises-related requirements are met and that our school is safe, welcoming, well-maintained, clean and an immaculately presented place to learn and work.
This is an ideal opportunity for someone with extensive DIY/Maintenance knowledge as well as experience of being responsible for the care and maintenance of premises.
Our school can offer:
- Excellent Staff support with good career progression development opportunities
- A warm positive working environment where everyone is valued
- Staff benefits including a generous pension scheme, Employee assistance programme and Cycle to work scheme
- A staff Google Chromebook (and a Google school)
- Access to the Employee Assistance Programme
- A school, very recently judged to be ‘Good’ by Ofsted (February 2020)
- A well-resourced school on an impressive site, which includes; multiple playgrounds, a school field and dedicated classrooms for music, art / DT, food technology as well as a library, a computing suite and multiple small group rooms
- A parent community with high aspirations and children with exemplary behaviour
Our Ideal Candidate will contribute to our school values and be:
- Resilient - Independent - Creative -Aspirational - Collaborative
- An experienced facilities manager and team leader with relevant facilities management experience
- Resilient, trustworthy, passionate, ambitious and ready to take responsibility for our buildings and facilities
- Highly organised, self-directed reliable and dependable
- Have a range of practical skills and be ready to use them to help maintain our site
- Able to work with and coordinate contractors ensuring that they work safely, to specification and timescales, holding them accountable with a high degree of independence
- Work to build positive relationships with our lettings customers and other stakeholders
The school has an excellent reputation within the local community with strong support from Governors, Parents, pupils and a dedicated and highly motivated team of staff. We would very much like to hear from you if you share our vision, values and enthusiasm.
An application form, job description and person specification are available from the school website. For further information or a confidential discussion, please contact the school by emailing email@example.com
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our pupils and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All new staff appointments will be subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure and reference and medical checks.
Closing Date: 16th May 2021 (noon). To apply, please email a completed application form to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Recruitment Day: Monday 24th May 2021
Start Date: June/July 2021
Roxbourne Primary School
- Mainstream school with state - community funding
- Primary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 3 - 11 years