Salary range negotiable within the United Learning Band Level 4 – Management
Dependent on knowledge and experience.
37.5 hours per week
52 weeks per year
Some weekend and evening working will be required to support lettings and events
Are you an experienced Facilities Manager looking for an exciting opportunity in a role that you can make your own in an outstanding school? Are you looking for a new challenge in one of best schools for progress in the country?
Paddington Academy is seeking to appoint a Facilities Manager to manage our outstanding academy site and facilities.
The role will include leading our site team to promote a clean, healthy and safe environment for all users of the premises, grounds and equipment.
You will be involved in the management of the academy building budgets, work closely with the Finance Team on procurement and contractor management and ensure that services and maintenance with external and internal stakeholders are undertaken in line with statutory health and safety regulations.
In addition, you will be working with the Academy Business Manager in facilities planning and the delivery of agreed capital projects.
We are looking to appoint an individual who:
• Has experience of managing a large, community based site; ideally in an education setting with sport and leisure facilities
• Preferably has a mechanical or electrical background
• Has proven experience of project and budgetary planning and analysis
• Can demonstrate the ability to work at pace and lead change
• Can demonstrate strong and effective leadership and people management skills
• Has a proven ability to manage external contractors to gain the maximum efficiency and return on investment for the school
• Will work collaboratively with other colleagues in order to deliver an effective service to our local community
• Has an excellent understanding of Health and Safety legislation and compliance
• Can demonstrate high levels of accountability, team working skills and has a flexible and ‘can do’ attitude
• Possess the ability to deal with pupils, staff, parents and visitors, in a polite and helpful manner
• Demonstrate a commitment to working with in an education setting as we are looking for someone to play an active part in the school
We offer a strong culture of professional development, a fantastic facilities team and the opportunity to be part of an outstanding school that is community driven and takes pride in our environment.
Paddington Academy is part of United Learning, one of the leading school groups in the country. We are also the lead school for United Teaching National SCITT. This enables us to offer you unrivalled career development opportunities and
Please apply online by clicking on the following:
Interviews will be held on Friday 22nd November.
Paddington Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Please note that the School reserves the right to appoint at any stage during the recruitment process.