Area: Estates and Infrastructure
Job Title: Facilities Officer
Job Ref: 19 – 00243
Salary: GBP 18,062 – GBP 19,656
Contract: Permanent, Full-Time
Location: Training at Ashley Down – Positions available across all four centres
About the Role:
Please be advised that we will accept CVs for this post. However, due to accepting CVs for this role we ask that you download the mandatory application questions following on from this link, please complete the questions and send them through to email@example.com along with your CV. If we do not receive your mandatory application questions we will not be able to accept your CV.
We are looking to appoint an enthusiastic Facilities Officer to join our Facilities Team. The successful candidate will be responsible for the unlocking and locking the appropriate College centre buildings and monitoring and maintaining security of College assets to ensure a safe and secure environment for all.
You will undertake a range of:
- Security and Patrolling
- First response maintenance and other service duties including, cleaning, litter removal, moving equipment and waste
- Delivery of post and parcels
- Responding to enquiries
- Monitoring student behaviour
- First call for first aid assistance
- Reacting to alarms
- Also be front of house welcoming and customer service duties.
We offer a generous holiday entitlement of 26 days holiday and an additional 16 bank holiday and College closure days (totalling 42 days) - so you will have plenty of time to recharge your batteries too!
What we are looking for:
- Experience of working within a security, facilities, porterage or caretaking role
- Experience of working within a role involving communicating effectively with the public
- Manual Handling skills
- Knowledge of Health and Safety procedures
Nice to have but not essential:
- Recognised First Aider or working towards
- Level 2 in a post related subject or working towards
- Health & Safety Qualification or working towards
- Experience of working within an Educational setting within a security, facilities, pottering or caretaking role.
- Good understanding of emergency systems and procedures
- Have worked in a role involving basic maintenance
About the College:
The City of Bristol College is a large, vibrant general further education college, operating from four sites across the City of Bristol, providing learning to over 14,000 students. The College aims to build on its reputation, be at the forefront of innovation, expand the contribution of provision to the region and position itself to meet the demands of an ever-changing world.
We are one of the city’s largest employers based at four different sites across the city. We offer a wide range of courses from entry to degree level and cater for learners of all ages and backgrounds. We strive for student success though providing knowledge, professional staff and outstanding resources. Our success isn’t possible without the commitment and dedication every member of staff demonstrates.
Life at City of Bristol College:
We’ll look after you with comprehensive training and induction process. You will work on a rotating shift cycle and there are no requirements for night shift work or weekends.
In addition we offer membership to the Local Government Pension Scheme as well as a range of other benefits.
Opportunities will be given to the successful applicant, and you will be expected to increase both your practical experience and professional qualifications within a large, dynamic, multi-disciplinary, multi-site organisation.
This is an exciting opportunity for anyone interested in joining a fantastic facilities team. So, if you feel you can demonstrate the dedication, skills and passion required for this role, we look forward to receiving your application.
Please see our Application Questions, Job Description, Person Specification and Conditions of Service for more information.
Please also be advised due to accepting CVs for this role we ask that you download the application questions following on from the above link, please complete the questions and send them through to firstname.lastname@example.org along with your CV.
Closing date: 17 February 2019 (midnight)
Interview date: 25 February 2019