Capital City Academy are seeking an enthusiastic and dedicated Facilities Apprentice with a passion for learning on the apprenticeship programme and in gaining skills in mechanical and electrical facilities maintenance.
The facilities team has been outsourced in the past to external contractors. Our revised strategy is to build a professional, supportive, friendly and self-sufficient in-house facilities team. You will be a key support to the team, led by a Facilities Manager and the Facilities Operative, who will both support you in your development on the apprenticeship programme.
The successful candidate will be enthusiastic and motivated to learn new skills on the job. They will share the school’s vision and the belief that Capital City Academy will provide an exceptional environment to promote a passion for learning and discovery, enabling all learners to succeed.
You will be:
- a college student keen to qualify as a tradesman in one of electrical engineering, plumbing or carpentry
- Have the capacity to learn and develop additional skills in the role
- Understand customer service
- A team-member supporting the delivery of a strong facilities maintenance function.
- a good communicator, with self-discipline and good organisational skills
- committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children.
We can offer you:
- The opportunity to learn and develop in a supportive environment in a high specification building
- The opportunity to be a key member of a small team
- A school that values wellbeing
- An area well served by public transport, plus ample car parking on site
- Support Staff Continual Professional Development (CPD) available
How to apply
Please complete and return the Application Form to email@example.com by 9am on Monday 19th April 2021. Interviews will be held shortly after.
Capital City Academy
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years