Our small, friendly and unique campus based in Caledonia, is now seeking an experienced Facilities Technician to join the team on a full time, permanent basis. You will be the main point of contact for the Head Teacher, Staff and Trust for all estate related matters on site covering general maintenance, IT and Health & Safety management.
It is essential that you possess prior experience within facilities management, a trades background or perhaps have worked as a Caretaker in previous roles. You must be comfortable with the practical and physical aspects of the role, along with a familiarity and level of competence in operating computers is necessary to provide support with IT and technical equipment across the campus, in conjunction with competent IT professionals who are remote from site.
Should you feel you could undertake some aspects of the role but not other aspects on a part time basis, we may consider applications for a part time facilities and health and safety role and a part time IT Technician role.
N.B. Visits prior to application are warmly welcomed so you can come and see for yourself what makes Focus Learning Trust such a special and unique place to work
• Ensuring the site operates smoothly in all respects relating to operations and facilities- maximising up-time for professional teaching staff
• Plan, document, put out to tender, recommend contractors for small alterations including coordinating trades where appropriate
• Monitoring supply chain operatives in the performance of their duties
• Tender services such as the provision of waste removal from site to minimise costs and manage chosen external providers
• Support the staff in reconfiguring furniture within spaces as required for events and changes in working arrangements
• Supervising statutory, mandatory and reactive maintenance and contracted works
• Maintain accurate maintenance records and schedule all necessary works to ensure that all maintenance is up-to-date
• Carry out daily, weekly and other scheduled checks of both building fabric and safety systems such as fire alarm drills and emergency lighting checks and record them in H & S systems
• Review risk assessments and method statements to ensure they are to an acceptable standard working with external H&S consultants
• Manage inbound deliveries ensuring they are stored and internally delivered in an appropriate manner
• Maintain appropriate storage conditions for consumables, tools and unused furniture and equipment
• To undertake or organise any tasks required to ensure the site remains tidy and professional at all times including, litter, waste management, salting paths etc.
• Have at least 3 years’ recent and relevant experience in a similar role
• Have a willingness to undertake relevant training and identify own development needs
• Possess the ability to undertake basic practical tasks to a good standard e.g. assembling furniture, putting up display boards on walls, fixing loose door handles, painting a wall that is messy etc.
• Ability to communicate with staff and outside contractors to get more complex building problems resolved including negotiating cost effective solutions.
• Be computer literate, familiar with the basics of computer set-up and cabling.
• Have a flexible, pro-active approach with a positive attitude to learning new skills
• Respect the school’s aims and values
• An excellent working environment with good resources
• Supportive Trustees and colleagues who are committed to school improvement, who will work with you to achieve your goals
• Students who are enthusiastic, hardworking and positive in their attitude
• A varied role involving practical, desk based work and regular interaction with people
• Pensions scheme
For further information relating to the Campus, or for more information about Focus Schools please visit: www.focus-school.com or follow us on LinkedIn.
For a pre-application discussion or to arrange a visit, please telephone Melissa Podlaski on 0330 055 5600, or email firstname.lastname@example.org for an application pack.
Closing Date for application forms: Friday 22nd February 2019
Interviews will be held: TBC
NO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES
Focus School Caledonia Campuses are committed to safeguarding and protecting the children and young people that we work with. As such, all posts are subject to a safer recruitment process, including the disclosure of criminal records and vetting checks.
We ensure that we have a range of policies and procedures in place which promote safeguarding and safer working practice across the school. This is in line with statutory guidance Keeping Children Safe in Education 2018 and The Education Act 2002, we expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment