This is an excellent opportunity to join our Extended Senior Leadership Team as the Faculty Leader for English. Our core purpose, as a school, is to strive for exceptional learning and your aim will be to further develop the quality of learning and teaching alongside improving outcomes across the faculty. You will also have the opportunity to gain significant whole school experience within this role.
The Faculty structure has been in place for two years and is already demonstrating that it provides an excellent stepping-stone for colleagues who wish to step up to assistant headships in the future.
About The Beacon School
We are an oversubscribed Academy (mixed comprehensive school) based in Banstead, Surrey and part of the thriving GLF School Multi Academy Trust. Rated ‘Good’ by Ofsted, our core purpose is to strive for exceptional learning – and learning and teaching is at the heart of everything we do. The school offers extensive and varied professional development opportunities and is an exciting, innovative place to work.
We proudly serve our local community, attracting students from a wide range of backgrounds and were once again heavily oversubscribed for September 2021.
We are conveniently located within easy reach of Epsom, Sutton and South London, with excellent road networks and only 40-minutes by train from London.
What we are looking for
The Faculty is fully staffed by a large team of exceptionally talented and motivated subject experts. The successful candidate will need a vision and proven track record for gaining outstanding results to take the Faculty onto the next stage. For the successful candidate there is the opportunity to teach across all of the key stages.
● Be an outstanding classroom practitioner
● Have a proven track record of delivering outcomes as a classroom teacher and subject/faculty leader
● Have excellent communication and leadership skills
● Be able to work as part of a team leading learning and teaching
Why work at The Beacon School
● Join an exceptionally warm and welcoming staff
● Teach students who want to learn
● Gain valuable leadership experience to prepare for Senior Leadership in the near future
● Be part of a Faculty where we are able to make significant investment
● Have access to an excellent programme of CPD
● There is the opportunity to deliver CPD in the Faculty and across the whole school
● Have the opportunity to be coached or become a coach
● You will be able to collaborate and develop your career alongside other colleagues from across the 41 GLF Schools within its Multi-Academy Trust
● Receive a laptop and the use of IRIS technology to help you shape your teaching
● There is a large range of extra-curricular activities and visits to be involved with
● There is a very strong and supportive staff body with a number of staff social events
For an informal discussion about the post, please contact Cullum Mitchell, Deputy Headteacher
Salary: Leadership (fringe) - L6-10 (up to £53,888)
Contract: Full-time and permanent
Start date: 1 January 2022
Closing date: midday on Monday 27th September 2021
The Beacon School
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years