We are looking to recruit an innovative and exceptional leader to support our drive for whole school improvement as the Faculty Leader for Maths and Business. This is a crucial position in our School Leadership Group. The post-holder is responsible for developing and leading the Maths and Business Faculty to ensure excellent learning, teaching and outcomes for students.
We are an innovative Mathematics department and are a Centre of Excellence in Mathematics and ICT as well as Goldsmiths College main teaching school for Mathematics. Mathematics encompasses all aspects of everyday life and so we focus on real world problems, as well as preparing our students for higher education by focusing on the more abstract nature of the subject and developing their independent thinking and learning skills. We achieved very strong results in the new Maths GCSE in 2017 with a higher than national average amount of students achieving the new Grade 9. Maths is part of the thriving Maths, Business Studies and Economics Faculty and this role involves supporting groups across all these subjects.
Forest Hill is a popular 11-19 school which exists to serve the local community through innovative teaching and a broad and comprehensive curriculum offer including a strong focus on the Performing Arts. Our joint Sixth Form - SFH6 - consistently achieves higher than national grades and has been judged to be ‘good’ by Ofsted (Dec 2017). The leadership of the school has resulted in the school being “well-placed to move forward” (Ofsted Dec 2017) and we are committed to improving the educational outcomes of young people. We are a community school where “pupils are cared for well” and “are helped to overcome social and personal challenges.” (Ofsted Dec 2017)
Our ideal candidate is;
• An innovative and enthusiastic Maths teacher with a range of teaching experiences and qualified to teach up to Post 16
• An outstanding teacher who combines a range of innovative teaching strategies and excellent relationships with young people
• Someone who looks for ways to improve themselves and the school and is not afraid of taking responsibility beyond their own area
We will offer;
• The opportunity to work in an established and experienced Performing Arts school which challenges the stereotypes of underachieving boys
• A personalised CPD programme that offers a range of opportunities to broaden your pedagogical experience and which seeks to support you in developing yourself for future leadership roles
• Modern, state of the art facilities, including the technology and resources to support excellent teaching of all the subjects in the Faculty
Please visit our website at www.foresthill.lewisham.sch.uk to make direct on-line applications, which must be returned to firstname.lastname@example.org Note - we do not accept CVs.
Informal visits are welcome and should be arranged directly with the school via email@example.com. Closing date for applications is 12 noon Friday 18th May with interviews scheduled for Thursday 24th May. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be notified and that the interview process will include lesson observation.
Forest Hill School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Our commitment is underpinned by robust processes and procedures that seek to maximise opportunity, minimise risk and continuously promote a culture of safeguarding amongst our workforce.