Faculty Leader Modern Foreign Languages
MPS/UPS + TLR1b (£9,339)
Start: January 2018
Acklam Grange School is a large, 11 – 16 urban, multi-cultural secondary school (NOR 1451) with first class facilities in new campus-style BSF buildings. We are an innovative, dynamic school seeking to recruit excellent staff to join our family.
We have recently been awarded Teaching School status, providing high quality training, development and support to new and experienced school staff.
We place the students at the heart of all that we do. We offer:
· a school ranked in the top 1% of the country for student progress and in the top 10% for attainment receiving SSAT national awards two years running
· the top performing school overall in Middlesbrough and in the recent Real Schools’ Guide ranked number 1 – the best state secondary school in Teesside
· a continuous improving trend of GCSE results including 74% 9-4 English & Maths , 83% 9-4 English, 80% 9-4 Maths with 28 subjects performing above national figures
· 25% of students achieved A – A* and 92% of students achieved A* - C in GCSE French
· Student progress in French is significantly above national average
· a nationally recognised, bespoke professional development programme – AGS Inspire
· a comprehensive, inclusive, family working environment firmly rooted in our local community
· a commitment to both academic and pastoral success with SMSC as a driving force and strength
· staff well-being package supported by a serving NHS practitioner and nationally recognised.
We are looking to appoint a highly motivated, outstanding practitioner to be part of our journey to outstanding. You will join a team dedicated in supporting the Modern Foreign Languages Faculty with its continuing success. The ability to teach other MFL subjects such as Spanish is desirable. We would like the successful candidate to be in position by January 2018 if possible.
To apply please visit www.agsrecruit.com. Please refer to the supporting documentation, and complete the application form and return it electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Thursday 19 October 2017, 12 noon
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Safer recruitment practice and pre-employment checks will be undertaken before any appointment is confirmed. This post is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.