Faculty Leader of Humanities
(Geography, History, Citizenship, Religious Studies, Sociology and Psychology) Leadership Spine L10 to L12
We seek an excellent teacher of Geography, History, Citizenship or Religious Studies to lead this successful faculty.
This is a full-time, established post starting 1st September 2018.
Malton School is a high achieving and over-subscribed 11 to 18 school situated between York and the North York Moors National Park.
We are looking for:
• An excellent leader with experience as a Subject Leader or 2nd in Faculty who is now looking for a step up to lead a faculty of their own or a Head of Faculty who is now looking to move on to the leadership spine.
• Commitment to ensuring that students maximise every opportunity to achieve academically and personally.
• A reflective practitioner with a desire to work collaboratively and to share best practice.
• An inspirational teacher who can build positive relationships with students to motivate them to achieve to their potential.
• A personal drive for raising achievement and developing innovative practice.
We can offer:
• The opportunity to work as part of a successful and supportive team.
• A coaching culture which is a key focus for bespoke staff development.
• Involvement in a Teaching School Alliance which enables us to work collaboratively and share best practice with other providers and supports professional development.
• Enthusiastic students who are keen to make best progress.
• A vibrant, supportive community which engenders a real sense of belonging.
The school has an iPad for Learning scheme. Every member of staff has an iPad as well as a laptop. All students have an iPad. This is an exciting time as the school is growing and moving from strength to strength.
If you would like further information please contact:
Nicola Wise on 01653 605302 or email@example.com
Closing date: 9am, 22/05/2018 Interviews on 25/05/2018
784 on roll (173 in Sixth Form)
Headteacher: Mr R Williams
Malton School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students and expects all staff to adhere to safe working practices.