Do you have the tenacity to develop Performing Arts at Great Wyrley High School into a Centre of Excellence?
Are you a Music or Media specialist?
Do you have a passion for Teaching and Learning?
Then we have the post for you!
Required for September 2017 (or January 2018)
Faculty Leader of Performing Arts and Media
MPS-UPS (£22,467-£38,250 pa) + TLR 1
We require, for September 2017 an inspirational and ambitious Faculty Leader of Performing Arts and Media to drive the development of this curriculum area. You will work closely with the Senior Leadership Team to ensure the highest standards of teaching and learning and achievement remains the priority. You will need to demonstrate a clear vision and enthusiasm for Performing Arts and Media and be committed to working collaboratively with colleagues both within the department and other subjects.
The successful candidate will be an experienced and well qualified individual that has:
- a commitment to ensuring that every child can access high quality learning and achieve their potential;
- the ability to deliver consistently good/outstanding lessons;
- the potential to be an outstanding leader;
- excellent and up to date knowledge of teaching and learning;
- a commitment to Great Wyrley High School’s high expectations and ethos;
- an ambitious vision for the leadership and teaching of Performing Arts and Media
- the ability to motivate staff and students to drive up standards;
- the resolve to make Performing Arts a hub of creativity at Great Wyrley High School.
For further details or to arrange a visit please contact Mrs Rosemary Bannister on 01922 419311 ext 166
Details of this role, including a job description, person specification and the application forms can be downloaded from the school website at http://www.gw-hs.org/useful-links/vacancies/
Completed applications should be sent to the Headteacher at the above address or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday 26 June 2017 at 12.00 noon. Interviews to be held on Friday 30 June 2017.
Please note, because of the nature of this job, if you are successful in your application you will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service with barred list check. This will be done by means of applying for a DBS certificate through the Disclosure and Barring Service. Disclosures include details of cautions, reprimands or final warnings as well as convictions, spent or unspent. Clearance will be obtained before employment commences.
Great Wyrley High School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.