New Mills School is a medium sized 11-16 secondary school based in the High Peak close to the Peak District National Park, yet within easy reach of the centres of Stockport and Manchester.
New Mills School is a warm and welcoming place, where we pride ourselves on our inclusive educational provision, courteous atmosphere, excellent student welfare and core belief in the power of education to transform lives.
We are seeking to appoint a Faculty Team Leader of Maths to lead the Faculty team and promote and enhance the quality of teaching and learning across all key stages in Maths.
We are looking for someone who is ready to take the next step into leadership to develop innovative and compelling learning opportunities in Maths. You will be joining a team of dedicated and enthusiastic Maths teachers and the successful candidate will play a pivotal role in the continuing development and improvement of our school.
Our perfect candidate:
- Will be a strong practitioner committed and able to improve the pedagogy of themselves and their team.
- Will be committed to improving the progress of all our learners by ensuring that the teaching of Maths is of the highest possible quality
- Will inspire colleagues to produce an innovative and imaginative curriculum, supported by the effective use of learning technologies and enrichment activities
- Will have the energy, creativity, resolve and tenacity to make a significant contribution to the whole school.
- Will have an excellent track record of Key Stage 4 examination success.
- Will have the ability to raise expectations and aspirations of students of all abilitie
- Will help develop extra-curricular Maths opportunities for students
We can offer the right person:
- A warm, welcoming and dedicated professional team within the Faculty
- A rich and varied CPD programme
- Support at senior and middle leadership level
- Career development opportunities
Please do not apply using the Derbyshire County Council website. Application packs can be obtained from, and should be returned to Mrs Julie Bull, Head’s PA, by 12 noon on the closing date.
Closing Date: 22 October 2018
New Mills School, Church Lane, New Mills, High Peak, SK22 4NR, or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or from the school website.
Informal visits to the School are welcomed; to make arrangements or for further details about this vacancy please contact Mrs Julie Bull, Head’s PA on 01663 743284.
New Mills School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Due to this post having access to children and/or vulnerable adults, the successful candidate will be required to undertake a Disclosure and Barring Service check. The possession of a criminal record will not necessarily prevent an applicant from obtaining this post, as all cases are judged individually according to the nature of the role and information provided. Click here to see our policy on criminal background checks.