We are seeking to appoint an individual who has experience in working alongside vulnerable children and families. We are looking for an exceptional individual to join our safeguarding team in the role of Family Liaison/Safeguarding Officer, supporting our children and their families.
This is a vital role in our school community and you will work to build positive relationships between parents/carers and the school, for the benefit of the children, particularly those that are vulnerable.
A primary function of this role is to support children to overcome barriers to learning.
The successful candidate will:
- Have experience of working with vulnerable children and families
- Follow safeguarding systems and procedures
- Provide a positive offer of support to parents/carers
- Acknowledge the importance of the parent’s role in supporting their child to achieve
- Deal with issues which may arise in a pupil’s home or in their education
- Encourage parents to enter into a partnership with the school
- Be able to open channels to discuss additional family support, training and other needs for individual families.
- Be able to sign post parents and carers to avenues of support
The post will be 5 days each week (34 hours per week) term time only (40 weeks per year.) The successful candidate must be prepared to work flexibly when required.
St. Paul's (Slade Green) Primary School