Do you have experience working with parents/families and external agencies concerning child welfare?
Have you completed any safeguarding courses or participated in any training?
Would you like to work with a friendly, vibrant and dedicated team?
If you answered yes to these questions, The Linden Academy would love to hear from you!
The Linden Academy have a brilliant opportunity for a Family Support Worker and Safeguarding Lead to join our lovely, state of the art Academy! We wish to appoint an experienced candidate to be our main point of contact for our children, parents and staff who have any issues relating to a child’s wellbeing and work closely with all parties involved to overcome any barriers to their learning.
The successful candidate will:
- Ideally hold a Level 3 Certificate in Safeguarding or be willing to undertake training provided by the Academy to gain this qualification
- Be able to demonstrate previous experience of supporting young people in overcoming barriers
- Have a genuine desire to improve the outcomes for all children
- Have up to date safeguarding knowledge and training
- Have experience of exclusions or post exclusion working
- Have the ability to communicate effectively with parents, children, agencies, governors and staff
- Be able to manage appropriately children’s behaviour
- Be organised, caring and professional at all times
- Salary: L5.24 to L5.28, £15,821 to £17,984 (prorated salary based on 34 week term)
- Weeks: 34 academic weeks + INSET days
- Hours: 32.5 hours a week, 8:30am to 4:00pm
- Type of role: Permanent
- Start Date: As soon as possible
Why work for The Linden Academy:
- Linden Academy was previously a fee-paying independent school under the name Moorlands, since converting to ‘The Linden Academy’ the school has very much kept their traditional values but applied them into a modern context
- Small class sizes with 18-24 maximum per class
- £30 million state of the art modern facilities in an Ofsted rated ‘Good’ school
- Join a lovely close-knit team of teachers and SLT that are genuinely here to support you and want to see you succeed
- Brilliant CPD opportunities so you can constantly improve and develop
- The school will be expanding to 504 pupils over the coming 2 years and with our fantastic partnership links within The Shared Learning Trust, there are plenty of opportunities to progress your career!
Here’s what Ofsted have to say:
“The Principal is passionate about making sure that every pupil achieves their best while at the school. She gives outstanding leadership to the school and has built a good team of leaders to support school improvement. Pupils enjoy coming to school and are keen to learn. As a result, attendance is high. They behave well in most lessons, and are careful and considerate of each other”.
“What first attracted me to The Linden Academy was its ethos. All members of staff were extremely welcoming and I loved the rapport between the staff as well as the relationships they had created with the children. Staff were passionate about the children's learning and progress, not just academically but personally. It was something I wanted to be a part of. During my time here, I have developed both professionally and personally. I started my employment as a timid graduate with little confidence of standing in front of a whole class. With great support and guidance, I have progressed from a Teaching Assistant to Class Teacher. Our Senior Leadership Team have greatly supported and built my confidence and ability in becoming a teacher. They have always been approachable and understanding with a genuine care for their staff's wellbeing. Staff across the school continue to support each other in any way they can to make sure we are promoting learning and progress to the highest standard for our pupils. It's a great community to be a part of." – Jessica Day
If you are interested in this job opportunity, please do apply today – we look forward to hearing from you!
‘We believe in the safeguarding and welfare of children and expect all staff to share this view’. The Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service. We are an equal opportunities employer.