Academy: Leeds City Academy
Post title: Family Support Worker
Grade: C3 .19 - .22 £24, 799 - £26, 317 pro rata (actual £21, 659 - £22, 985)
Hours: 37 per week/39 working weeks per year term time only plus 10 days
Accountable to: Assistant Principal – Behaviour, Inclusion and Safeguarding
This is an extremely exciting time to be joining Leeds City Academy, one of the most rapidly improving schools within the Leeds area and county of West Yorkshire. We are an 11-16 Academy and one of three schools within the White Rose Academies Trust, a Trust recognised nationally for its ground-breaking and transformational impact on the lives of the young people it serves. The Academy received a Section 5 Inspection in May 2019 achieving an overall Good judgement with Leadership and Management judged as Outstanding.
Our highly motivated and talented students are at the very centre of everything we do and the shared mission of all our stakeholders is to work ‘In Partnership’ in securing the aspirations and ambitions of every one of our young people. Our Academy is a unique and truly inspirational place to work, enhanced by our wonderful students who come from a diverse range of cultures, heritage and experiences; a significant proportion of students speak English as an additional language.
Our NQT and CPD training programme is highly respected by staff at the Academy and is further enhanced by the various opportunities for professional development provided through our excellent and varied White Rose Academies CPD programme.
Please apply if you wish to work for an Academy Trust who values and supports the next move in your career. Come and join us on our journey to becoming World Class.
· To be responsible for managing a caseload of families who have been identified as needing additional family support.
· Provide an assessment in the form of a Common Internal Record for each family and develop appropriate intervention action plans with the family.
· Work alongside other key agencies to support families referred to the Family Support Worker i.e. Learning Mentors, SENCO, TaMHS Project, Children’s Centre Outreach Workers, Attendance Officer, Children’s Social Work Service, Health Visitors, Educational Psychologist, Housing, Benefits Office and any other relevant services.
· To seek advice and guidance from Family Intensive Support, MST and Children Social Work Service when working with a challenging family who are not meeting their agreed outcomes to discuss and agree future interventions
· To offer professional support and encouragement to parents/carers individually, relating to the development and well-being of their children to enable them to remain with their families/carers safely where appropriate.
· To be able to manage and respond to any changes in the families’ circumstances, being particularly aware of the impact of any crisis events that may occur and ensuring all relevant agencies and school(s) are made aware of significant changes.
· Keep records and appropriate documentation pertaining to any contact and work with children, young people and families. Work with line manager to ensure data recorded demonstrates the impact and outcomes of the work undertaken.
· Update the Synergy Database with any new information i.e. CAF initiated, referral to Family Intervention Services.
· To complete monitoring and evaluation paperwork when the case is closed to the Family Support Worker and share information with line manager.
· To have a commitment to undertake supervision to ensure safe practice and continued professional development.
· Coordinate and facilitate the delivery of evidence based parenting programmes e.g. Family Caring Trust, Webster Stratton -Incredible Years, ESCAPE - targeting those most in need.
· To provide school, local services and parents with information, guidance and advice on an informal one off basis.
· To provide school with up to date contact information of local services/support groups i.e. housing office, benefits office, domestic violence services etc.
Part of The White Rose Academies Trust - the most rapidly improved family of schools in the region - Leeds City Academy is accelerating on a thrilling journey which will ultimately see the school, its staff and its students, secure World Class status in the next two years.
We're securing our vision for World Class status by growing our family of exceptional education professionals; dedicated specialists and passionate leaders with the shared goal of transforming future prospects for the next generation of West Yorkshire.
We provide exceptional life training; harnessing the skills and fortifying the aspirations of young people, who we know will transform the region and provide a positive, progressive contribution to society
The White Rose Academies Trust is a local Trust dedicated to raising and fulfilling the ambitions of young people. Our academies throughout Leeds are at the heart of the communities they serve, which is why we are committed to delivering an outstanding education to every one of our students.
The Trust employs over 370 outstanding professionals who are committed to unlocking the potential of the next generation. Our CPD Programme is focused on Innovation, Leadership Development and delivery of excellence for vulnerable groups. Our Beginner Teacher Programme is amongst the best in the region. We are on a significant journey which will see all of our schools Ofsted rated as outstanding within three years.
We are sponsored by Leeds City College (member of the Luminate Education Group) who provide expertise, international networks and highly desirable employability prospects within education and beyond.
As a Trust we also work very closely with the Outstanding GORSE Academies Trust through our membership of the GORSE SCITT and via accessing the Stephen Longfellow Academy Provision.
Closing date: Thursday 18/07/2019 at 09:00am
Shortlisting date: Friday 19/07/2019
Interview date: Monday 22/07/2019
For further information please visit www.leedscityacademy.org.uk or to apply, please complete the attached application form and return to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note we are unable to accept CVs.
The Governors and Executive Principal of Leeds City Academy are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and ensuring that safer recruiting procedures are in place. All appointments are subject to an Enhanced DBS Check.
PLEASE NOTE THE REQUIREMENT TO ATTACH YOUR APPLICATION FORM AS A SEPARATE DOCUMENT TO YOUR EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES FORM WHEN EMAILING YOUR APPLICATION TO US.