An exciting opportunity exists for an enthusiastic and dedicated fee account officer to join The Grammar School at Leeds. This is a crucial full time role which involves monitoring and collection of fees outside of the standard collection methods, improving debt recovery rates and reducing overall debtor balances.
• Performance of fee debt recovery processes including issuing chase letters and phone calls, monitoring debtor levels individually and in total
• Working with parents to devise flexible and achievable payment plans, and monitoring and enforcement of such plans
• Coordination of files and information to be sent to solicitors for debt collection, record keeping of all correspondence with such agencies and updating fee ledger records to reflect action taken
• Preparation and updating of monthly bad and doubtful debt provision calculations and relevant adjustments
• Printing of daily reports from banking systems and recording returned and cancelled DD’s onto fees packages, and processing of relevant documentation to parents if necessary
The successful candidate will be experienced in credit control at a professional level with experience of working directly with individuals, ideally with a background in an education, health or social care environment. They will also be able to work on their own initiative whilst working as part of a wider team, with high attention to detail and the ability communicate professionally with people at all levels both, internally and externally.
Full details of the post are shown in the job description and person specification on the school’s website (www.gsal.org.uk). Application is by completion of the online GSAL application form.
The hours of work required are 35 hours per week Monday to Friday (excluding one hour for lunch unpaid), to be worked between the hours of 8.00 a.m - 5.30 pm.
Closing date: 9am on Friday 27 April 2018
Interviews will be held on: Friday 4 May 2018
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and an enhanced DBS disclosure will be required.
We are an equal opportunities employer, selecting employees solely on merit irrespective of gender, ethnic origin, religion, disability, sexual orientation or age.