COMMUNICATIONS AT HIGHGATE SCHOOL
The Communications team at Highgate was established in September 2018. During our first year we have grown our social media presence, designed a new website, launched our Marketing Campaign ‘Beyond’ and set up a new portal for our parents. We are now looking to grow the Communications team to help take us to the next level.
The Communications team operates collaboratively, strategically and creatively to develop and deliver communications to internal and external audiences including parents, prospective pupils and parents, staff, alumni, donors, potential employees, Partnership Schools and the wider community. The role of the Communications team is to shape Highgate’s outward and internal media and dictate the way in which Highgate is seen, heard and perceived. We aim to demonstrate Highgate’s aims and ethos in action and present an authentic, Highgate-specific narrative. The team has both a creative, story- and content-generating role as well as a reactive responsibility working with internal clients. In the messages and stories we tell about the School, we try to balance tradition and modernity, our academic prowess with our holistic approach to education. We have a great story to tell and now is an exciting time to join the team!
All members of the Communications team are expected to:
- Contribute to the development of the School Communication Plan and continually work to maximise opportunities for effective marketing and communication
- Maintain and develop a strong Highgate brand identity (via brand messaging frameworks, visual identity, editorial tones, style guides) across all communications.
- Quickly develop a thorough knowledge of the School, its ethos and activities
- Keep up to date with developments in the Communications, Marketing and PR sector, enabling Highgate to reach and engage new or existing audiences
- Earn the respect and understanding of the Highgate staff, encouraging them to think pro-actively of media possibilities: help them to help you.
- Participate in training activities and sessions offered by the School and external agencies in order to gain further relevant knowledge and skills and keep up to date with technical requirements relevant to the job.
- Keep under review good marketing practices, particularly but not exclusively within the School sector, to strive to improve our own processes.
- Ensure all activities are managed within the departmental budget
The School Film-maker and Photographer’s role is to create exciting visual content for print and digital marketing purposes. They will work collaboratively within the Communications team, manage their time efficiently and work strategically to create visual content which maximises the School brand and profile.
To apply: For further information, please visit our website: https://www.highgateschool.org.uk/work-with-us/