37.5 hours per week
Bellerbys Brighton is a co-educational international college which specialises in providing a high quality British Education for predominantly international students from over 60 different countries around the world and preparing them for university.
Our highly motivated students benefit from our state of the art facilities and small class sizes within a unique and vibrant educational environment. We offer a wide variety of courses including English Language Preparation, IELTS, GCSEs, A levels as well as our own Foundation programme, which is a pre-university course accredited by Lancaster University.
Bellerbys College is owned by Study Group, a global educational organisation which prepares students for life in a global society and success in the world economy.
We are seeking to appoint a full time Finance Admin Assistant (six month fixed term) to provide administrative support to the Finance and Visa team.
This person will be responsible for:
- Delivering friendly, efficient and, professional customer service to students, agents and parents.
- Carrying out routine financial tasks, complete spreadsheets and maintain up to date financial records.
- Assisting the credit controller with fee collection; contact students and parents so that outstanding debt can be collected; maintain up-to-date spreadsheets to reflect income and level of debt.
- Taking payments from students and provide PayOnline log of information.
- Updating student accounts by completing booking adjustments to reflect payments, in- centre book sales, exam payments, credit deposits.
- Contacting students whose visas/passports are due to expire and booking UKVI appointments for students.
- Assisting with the preparation for termly inductions.
- Check, scan, and data-input immigration documentation during termly inductions.
- Collecting BRPs from local Post Offices.
- Assisting with financial and general admin projects as required.
The successful applicant must have the following personal qualities:
- Excellent communication oral, written, numerical, articulation skills
- Good IT skills – Microsoft Office Suite (e.g. Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Good organisational skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work to a demanding schedule and delivery deadlines
- A can do attitude
Qualifications & Experience:
- Work experience or qualification in the fields of Customer services; Finance; Education
- A level English & Mathematics or equivalent
Closing date for applications: Wednesday 18th April 2018.
If you would like to apply for this role, please email Dawn Calway firstname.lastname@example.org for an application form and further details.
The college is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our students and the appointment will be subject to both the receipt of satisfactory references and an enhanced DBS check.