We have committed to ensure that all of our Academies have access to a high quality, consistent HR, Finance and Operations services. Our transformation of Business Support Services commenced in September 2018. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of the new Finance team.
In this broad role, you will be responsible for providing administration support to the Finance team across Barnsley, including coordination and document preparation for finance meetings, financial administration and undertaking essential financial duties, you will be a key member of the Finance team and will report into the Finance and Operations Manager. You will have experience of using accounting software packages and financial operations. You will have great organisational skills and attention to detail, be highly motivated and able to work independently and as part of the team. We are looking for someone who cares about getting things right first time, wants to provide excellent customer outcomes and execution of tasks against deadlines. This is fantastic opportunity to develop your finance skills in one of the largest Education Trusts in the country.
Experience of working in a school environment is desirable but not essential. The successful candidate will be based in Barnsley.
We passionately believe that every child can discover their own remarkable life. It’s what motivates us around here. We know this vision requires something extra. Which is why at AET, you’ll find more. More opportunities, so you can forge your own path. More care and support, so you can prioritise what matters most. More purpose, for you and for the children we’re inspiring.
- More influence - As a Trust with over 60 schools, the work of our support team directly influences the lives of tens of thousands of children.
- More opportunity for a national role - Our central team develops strategies and resources that support our academies nationwide.
- More connection - A chance to experience what’s happening within our diverse academies.
- More technology so you can make more impact - G Suite for Education embedded throughout. Collaborative cloud technology gives you access to the latest tools, when and where it suits you. More tech enabled classrooms mean less time spent on admin and more time teaching.
- More ambitious, professional and passionate colleagues - All focussed on delivering remarkable lives.
Closing date: Tuesday 23 April 2019
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response. All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before making an application.
In line with our safeguarding practices we are unable to accept CV’s. Find your remarkable, apply today, by clicking the apply now button.
We are committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate will be required for all posts. This post will be subject to enhanced checks as part of our Prevent Duty.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Linkedin. Further details can be found on our careers page.
AET is recruiting for School Direct placements. Please visit our website https://sites.google.com/aetinet.org/academies-enterprise-trust/work-at-aet/graduates for further details.