We are currently recruiting for a Finance and Accountancy Support Tutor to work within our professional accountancy teaching team to help deliver finance and business skills for AAT apprenticeships. This would be an excellent opportunity for a newly qualified AAT although an accountancy qualification is not essential.
• Supporting candidates in completing portfolios in preparation for end point assessment. Portfolios gather evidence in disciplines such as finance, business awareness, change management, IT systems, ethics, projects, communication and teamwork
• Providing underpinning knowledge where required, either in the workplace or on the college site in the form of group workshops and one to ones.
• Monitoring and reviewing candidates' progress on all elements of their apprenticeship including:
• Undertaking quarterly reviews in the workplace
• Maintaining relevant documentation
The ideal candidate will have:
• A financial, business or accountancy background
• Knowledge of the AAT or other accounting/finance qualifications
• High credibility levels
• Strong people skills incorporating a patient and encouraging approach
• Presenting and communicating skills
• Hours: 37hrs per week (All year round), part time hours considered
• Salary: £23,324-£27,098 (SP12-17) depending on experience
• Support for further Accountancy training (AAT or ACCA) available
• Closing Date: noon on 13th April 2021
To apply for this position, please complete the online application form and use the supporting statement box to explain how your values, knowledge, experience, skills and abilities meet the requirements of the Job Description.
Please provide a full employment history since leaving education and explain any gaps in your employment history and include dates. CVs and incomplete application forms will not be accepted.
Please read the application guidance notes and the Principals letter to applicants.
Richard Huish College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people.
These posts require a criminal background check via the disclosure procedure.
We actively promote equal opportunities and welcome applications from all sections of the community
Richard Huish College