Position: Finance and Administration Officer
Commencing Date: Term 1, 2022
Classification: Term Time, Permanent
Salary Range: $32.26 - $33.27 per hour pending experience
Closing Date: Tuesday, 4 January 2022
St Margaret Mary's College, Hyde Park is a Townsville Girls Catholic College, founded in 1963 by the Sisters of the Good Samaritan. The college accepts enrolments from girls in Years 7 to 12, and offers a wide variety of subjects and vocational programs. The college is also noted for its many extracurricular activities, its commitment to students with special needs and its variety of service opportunities for students.
Townsville Catholic Education provides a supportive, flexible working environment where care for the individual is an important part of our ethos. We employ motivated people who want to work together to produce excellent outcomes for our students. Our staff are recognised as being central to achieving our mission.
About the role
St Margaret Mary's College, Hyde Park is seeking an experienced and dedicated Finance and Administration Officer to commence in Term 1, 2022. This is a Term Time, Permanent position.
The role of School Officer – Finance and Administration is to contribute to the provision of a quality educational service by providing efficient and high quality support to teachers and students with the preparation and/or enhancement of learning materials for the efficient running of teaching at St Margaret Mary’s College.
The role of School Officer – Finance & Administration is to contribute to the provision of a quality educational service by providing efficient and high quality administrative and finance support to all members of the Administration Team and teachers for the efficient running of all activities and teaching at St Margaret Mary’s College.
It is a requirement of this role that you are fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Please note proof of vaccination (MyGov Medicare Vaccination Certificate or Medical Certificate) will be required as a pre-commencement document.
The School Officer – Finance & Administration typical duties include, but not limited to:
- Carry out a wide range of clerical duties at an advanced level, including but not limited to: answering phones, typing, photocopying, data entry and filing
- Preparation of bank deposits for processing and banking in accordance with established routines and procedures
- Assist with and monitor photocopying requirements, ensuring completed on a timely basis or as requested
- Monitor and maintain appropriate stock levels of stationery/materials for office/department within established parameters, including reordering
- Co-ordinate College bus bookings in accordance with established routines and procedures, including input of attendance rolls, etc
- Daily entry of receipting and data entry of cash/EFTPOS receipts, including cash drawer reconciliation and update and maintenance of tour and excursion spreadsheets, in accordance with established routines and procedures
- Process monthly credit card payments and fortnightly direct debit batches in accordance with established routines and procedures
- Review staff leave records and enter any missing records into ICHRIS
- Review College payroll reports and prepare wages journals entries when required
- Assist Business Manager with development of finance templates and processes
- Assist with Reception and Health & Wellbeing as required
- Daily tuckshop cash/EFTPOS clearance in accordance with established routines and
- Attend regular meetings with the Business Manager and Administration staff
- Administrative tasks as required to support the functionality of the school.
- Relevant financial administration experience including GST and preparation of BAS
- Demonstrated experience in carrying out financial accounting capabilities
- Relevant administration experience including the use of financial software programs.
- Have a knowledge of finance and administrative activities and procedures
- Be familiar with the St Margaret Mary’s College policies
- Knowledge of GST as it applies to schools
- Knowledge of bad debt/accounts receivable management
- Highly developed computer literacy with the ability to operate a variety of platforms.
- Supports productive relationships with a demonstrated ability to work as part of a team and independently
- Ability to organise work, manage own time to meet deadlines, and be adaptable in response to changing priorities
- High level of attention to detail and recognition of the importance of accuracy in all aspects of the work
- Ability to show initiative, flexibility, solve problems and contribute to process improvement in a complex environment.
- Enthusiastic, energetic, flexible with a proactive attitude.
What we offer
- Competitive Salary Range:$32.26 - $33.27 per hour pending experience
- Annual Leave with 17.5% leave loading
- Access to salary packaging options to maximise employee benefits and salary
- Modern facilities, equipment and resources
- Access to additional Employer Superannuation Contributions
- Access to long service leave after 7 years of continuous service
- 14 Weeks’ paid parental leave
- Deferred Salary Scheme
- Access to corporate health schemes
- Induction processes and professional learning programs
- Access to Employee Assistance Program
- Leadership development opportunities
- Wellbeing programs and initiatives
How to apply
- Complete the application form
- Upload a cover letter addressing the skills, attributes and experience to support the key accountabilities of the role identified in the position description
- Upload a current resume including contact details (phone and email) of at least two professional referees
For more information, please refer to the Position Description.
Applications during the shortlisting phase will be kept confidential.
Applications close 5pm Tuesday, 4 January 2022.
View other vacancies here.