We are looking for a hard-working and dedicated candidate to join our outstanding school as a Finance and HR Officer.
About Kensington Aldridge Academy
KAA is an 11 – 18 academy situated in the heart of Notting Hill. We opened in brand new buildings in 2014 with just Year 7 and have grown year by year and are now a full school with 1,250 students in Years 7 to 13.
KAA has grown to become one of the top academies in the UK. DfE performance tables show we are in the top 5% of schools nationally in terms of KS5 Progress. Our Ofsted report grades us outstanding in all categories and describes standards as “exceptional”. In 2018 we were awarded TES Secondary School of the Year.
We are looking for talented, high-potential Finance & HR Officer to support both the Finance Director and HR Manager. The two departments of Finance and HR are co-located in our building and work closely, and this role spans both areas. The right candidate will be someone who shows intelligence, enthusiasm and flexibility in their approach, and who either has school based experience in these fields or is willing and able to learn quickly, and who can provide support to both our Finance and HR functions.
- Manage the monthly payroll process.
- To keep records of all additional payments, staff changes and other payroll movements.
- To produce standard schedules for our pay bureau and liaise with them to ensure accurate production of the payroll.
- To be the lead person for all Teachers’ Pension and Local Government Pension issues and to liaise with the scheme managers ensuring staff contributions are correct and dealing with all issues concerning starters and leavers.
- To manage and oversee the ParentPay system including debt chasing, creating reports and maintaining relationships with students/parents.
- To maintain budgets of all school trips and visits and to ensure accurate recording of payments by students
- To manage the process for students having music tuition
- To complete monthly accounts for our catering department
- To manage petty cash and staff expenses
- Posting of journals, reconciliations and similar financial tasks as required
- To provide administrative support to the HR Manager
- To support the HR function including dealing with starters, leavers, references and all ad hoc letters.
- To keep and maintain all confidential staff files including staff appointments, leavers and amendments.
- To carry out administration relating to the recruitment and selection of new staff; their applications, correspondence and planning and scheduling interviews.
- To manage DBS checks on all staff and relevant stakeholders:
- Timely collection of information, including ID checks and address checks
- Following guidelines in terms of information required for DBS checks + fill out form accurately
- Maintaining accuracy of the schools single central register
- File documents in an organised and well-presented way
- Providing accurate, timely DBS information when requested
- Issuing ID badges.
- To maintain accurate records of leave entitlements, leave taken and records on sickness absence.
- To collate performance management reviews in preparation for the annual pay review committee meeting.
- 180 school days, 10 training days (not 5 as you find in most schools) & 5 planning days per year, which include the opportunity for teachers to work from home.
- Two week half term in October.
- Professional development that is of a national standard. In Ofsted’s words: “Staff morale is exceptionally high. Staff enjoy working at the school and benefit from high-quality training. Teachers new to the profession feel very well supported in settling into the school quickly and developing their practice.”
- Free weekly staff wellbeing activities; yoga, circuits, staff choir and art classes etc.
- Discounted membership of the brand new Kensington Leisure Centre.
Download the full candidate pack for more information about this position and the academy.
Please send completed applications to Payal Joshi at email@example.com by 9am on Monday 15th July 2019.
Early applications are encouraged and in the event that the academy is able to fill the vacancy before the deadline, it reserves the right to close the vacancy and won’t review further applications.