Finance & Payroll Officer
Location: East Oxford
Salary: Grade 7 - 8, Point 13 to 23, £22,627 to £27,741 pa, subject to experience and qualifications
Hours: 37 hours per week, 52 weeks. Hours are 08:00 till 16:00 Monday to Friday, earlier finish on a Friday at 15:30 (these hours include a 30 minute daily lunch break)
St Gregory the Great is a Catholic school located in Oxford, within the Diocese of Birmingham and is part of The Pope Francis Catholic Multi Academy Company (PFMAC).
An exciting opportunity has arisen within the finance team for a Finance & Payroll Officer. This post is arising because of a member of the finance team is retiring.
As the Finance & Payroll Officer, you will be responsible for the ensuring the processing of the monthly payroll and managing day to day finance tasks
Please see the full job description for further details.
We are looking for a confident, experienced professional, who has:
• a self-driven approach to problem solving
• high-level communication, literacy and numeracy skills
• IT skills with experience of using secure online portals, including Excel.
• a strong attention to detail, be well organised and have good time management
You will also need:
• the ability to prioritise
• excellent interpersonal, communication and written skills
• the ability to work with a high level of initiative
• the ability to work under pressure
• the ability to identify risk areas and keep management appraised Identify problems and use your own initiative to solve them
• to be able to look for new approaches to complete procedures and tasks to increase efficiency
• experience as a payroll officer and be AAT (or similar) qualified, part qualified, or be a suitably experienced practitioner.
We have onsite parking and can offer free access to our fitness suite.
As we are a Catholic school, applicants must complete the CES application form in order to be considered for interview. There is no requirement to be Catholic in order to be successful at interview.
Please visit the school website for further details and we welcome candidates who would like to visit the school please contact Sophie Upellini School Business Manager, via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications is midday Wednesday 3 January 2022.
To comply with the Asylum and Immigration Act 1998 (as amended by S147 of the Nationality and Immigration and Asylum Act 2002) all prospective employees will be required to supply evidence of eligibility to work in the UK.
St Gregory the Great Catholic School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant for any position will be required to undertake an enhanced disclosure via the DBS (disclosure and barring system) and appropriate Right to Work clearances in line with our recruitment and selection practices
Established as a centre of Catholic Lifelong Learning serving Oxford and South Oxfordshire, we the students, staff and governors of St. Gregory the Great, Oxford, seek to develop as a community of faith, where Catholic beliefs and v...