Finance and Resources Assistant
Ark John Keats Academy
A rare opportunity to join an outstanding new school in north London.
Ark John Keats is an all-through school in the London Borough of Enfield. Our intake is mixed and comprehensive in nature. We opened our doors to our first two Reception classes in September 2013 and our first cohort of year 7 pupils joined us in September 2014. The academy will reach full capacity in 2020 with just under two thousand pupils. The academy was judged to outstanding in all areas in our Ofsted inspection of April 2015.
We are looking to recruit a committed Finance and Resources Assistant to join our school. You will have an important role to play in day to day financial management, ensuring compliance, high standards of financial probity and value for money across the academy. You will be responsible for resources ordering across the school, and liaise with Primary and Secondary leaders and the Finance Manager to establish best practice. At the end of each day, you will support the busy school administration team in a pupil and parent facing role.
The ideal candidate will:
· have experience of financial procedures, cash handling and cash security
· have experience in a school or similar public sector environment or charity
· possess highly developed skills in spreadsheet and computerised accountancy software
· be part qualified AAT
· be committed to Ark’s ethos of high expectations
· have the resolve to make a real difference to the lives of pupils.
To apply please go to https://goo.gl/9cdLT1. The closing date for applications is 8am on Tuesday 24th April 2018. For an informal, confidential discussion please contact the Finance Manager on email@example.com or 0208 443 3113.
Closing date: Tuesday 24th April 2018
Interviews: w/c 30th April
Start date: 4th June 2018, or as soon as possible after
Salary: £20,599 - £22,507 (Ark Support Band 5 (outer London), Point 19 – 22) Dependent on skills and experience
- 38 hours per week during term time: (8:15am-5:00pm with a 4:15pm finish on Wednesdays)
- 30 hours per week for approx 5 weeks during school holidays: (8:00am-2:00pm)
- 8 weeks annual leave, to be taken during school holidays
Ark is committed to safeguarding children; successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.