Job Title: Finance Apprentice
Salary: £5.00 per hour / national rates whichever is the higher
Working pattern: Full Time - 37 hours per week, year-round
Based in Kirkby in Ashfield, the Trust provides a range of business services to a number of schools who are members of our Trust including the provision of Finance, Payroll, HR and IT support. This post will work with the existing Finance Department in helping to deliver a high-quality service to our schools, carrying out a broad range of finance administration tasks including posting transactions in Sage, maintaining registers and databases, running routine financial reports for the Trust Finance Manager and CFO, and supporting the Finance team with paper based and electronic filing systems.
We are seeking a school leaver who is looking to develop their career in Finance. Training will be provided under the Apprenticeship Programme to achieve a qualification in Finance at Level 3 over an 18 month period.
To be considered for this opportunity you need to be confident, enthusiastic, numerate, proficient in the use of IT, possess clear communication skills and be driven to deliver excellent customer service.
Why join us?:
The Two Counties Trust has a forward-thinking HR strategy with all the professional benefits that this brings for staff. We are easily reached by public transport, and for those who drive, there is a large staff carpark. The school has exceptional facilities for staff and pupils, and you will be provided with high quality CPD throughout your time with us. Students really want to learn and achieve and in turn they have high expectations of their teachers and education support staff.
• Highly competitive pay and pay progression opportunities. Our salaries for leadership and teachers on the Upper Pay Scale and in receipt of a TLR are above national pay scales and our minimum hourly rate for support staff is £9.00.
• Free car parking.
• An increasing array of employee benefits and lifestyle options including discounted healthcare, gym membership and extensive high street retail discounts.
• The ability to request flexible working.
• Entry to a career average pension scheme.
• A full induction and a strong commitment to your professional development.
• Opportunities to experience and share practice in our partner schools across the Trust.
• A stimulating, supportive and rewarding working environment with a dedicated team of like-minded professionals.
• Excellent opportunities to develop your skills and to progress your career.
Closing date for applications: Friday 17 January at 12pm
The Trust is committed to the safeguarding of all children and young people. The offer of appointment will be subject to enhanced level DBS clearance, receipt of two good references and satisfactory completion of other vetting procedures.
We are committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce and candidates who meet the minimum job criteria will be given an opportunity to demonstrate their abilities at interview.