The successful applicant will:
- have a commitment to and understanding of the ethos and traditions of Catholic Education;
- currently hold or be eligible to hold a Paid Employee Positive Notice Blue Card; and
- be eligible to work in Australia for the duration of the appointment.
St John's College is seeking a dedicated and highly proficient Administration Officer to join our friendly staff here at the College. This position is available due to Maternity Leave and replacement conditions will apply. Your main role will be to assist the Finance Department with day to day tasks and financial data entry, as well as being one of the “faces” of the College by being situated in the front office at the Parent Reception.
The role is 30 hours per week over 4 days.
The successful applicant will report directly to the Business Manager. Specific responsibilities include:
• Assist the finance team
• Financial data entry
• Assistance in fee collection
• Front office reception
• Assistance with the College Newsletter & electronic correspondence
• General office duties including receipting, franking, Eftpos, Qkr!
The ideal applicant will have demonstrated skills in the following areas:
• Attention to detail
• Advanced computer skills (knowledge of Dynamic & eMinerva an advantage)
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
• Actively enjoy being part of a team
• Ability to prioritise workloads and work independently
Applicants should be well presented and display professional conduct. Furthermore, applicants should have a positive attitude and mature outlook.
St John's College is a Catholic secondary learning community established by the Good Samaritan Sisters in 1940. St John’s is well known for excellence in Academic pursuits, Dramatic and Musical presentations, sporting success in rugby, netball, cross country and athletics, and community service programs. Some unique features of the school are its pastoral care program, inclusiveness of students with disabilities, staff - student relationships, energetic Parents & Friends Association and community links.
Visit our school website here
Estimated Start Date: Commencing November 2018
Position Tenure: Fixed Term
Weeks Worked: School term weeks - plus additional hours/weeks as negotiated
Tenure Duration (If Fixed Term): 13 months
Total Paid Hours (per wk) & Days Required: 30 hours over 4 days. Days to be negotiated.
Salary Level, Range or Hourly Rate:
Employment Conditions: Diocesan Catholic Education Employing Authorities in Queensland Single Interest Agreement 2015-2019
This position involves working with children. The appointment of successful applicants will be subject to satisfactory employment screening for child related employment in accordance with the law.
Contact Person: Kim Harrison
Contact Telephone Number: 5441 5666
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Statement of Principles - Schools Opens in new window