THE SIGMA TRUST
FINANCE ASSISTANT – Part Time or Full Time
Pay Range: Local Government Band 2, Point 3 – 6
Full Time Salary from £18,065
Start Date: Immediate
We have an exciting opportunity for the right candidate to share your administrative knowledge and skills providing professional and timely financial guidance and support across a group of local schools within The Sigma Trust.
We are looking for a minimum commitment of 3 days per week, but welcome applications for full time and part time working (including term time only).
Some of your key responsibilities will include:
• Carrying out financial administration across multiple academies, multi-phase, in accordance with the appropriate EFA and Sigma finance regulations and policies
• Administering and maintaining the purchase ledger and sales ledger, on-line cash collection systems and computerised financial records
• Responsibility for the administration of the charge card
• Creating and maintaining a filing system, archiving financial records when appropriate
(The full details can be found in the attached Job Outline and Person Specification).
We're looking for you if you:
• Have experience in using IT systems including excel, dedicated finance management packages and management information systems
• Are able to handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines
• Are a highly motivated and approachable team player
• Are adaptable and willing to take on challenges with enthusiasm
You may be required to travel to any of The Sigma Trust academies in order to fulfil the responsibilities of the role as and when required. When not in schools you will be based at our offices at Tendring Education Centre, Jaywick Lane, Clacton-on-Sea.
Why work for The Sigma Trust?
We can offer you:
• A Competitive Salary
• Robust school CPD training programme that enables you to flourish
• Opportunities to work with colleagues across the Trust to share resources, ideas and build collaborative relationships
• Employee Benefits: Employee Assistance Programme, Pension Scheme
For additional information about the Trust and this school, please visit our website www.sigmatrust.org.uk
To apply for this post, please complete an application form, available from The Sigma Trust/this website and return it to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference 212.
Please read the Notes for Applicants document attached.
Closing date: Midnight, Thursday 14th November 2019.
The Sigma Trust is committed to safeguarding and protecting the children and young people that we work with. As such, all posts are subject to safer recruitment process, including the disclosure of criminal records and vetting checks. We ensure that we have a range of policies in place which promote safeguarding and safer working practice across our schools.