This is a great opportunity to come and join our busy Finance team based in the School Bursary. A full-time, permanent role where you will be working within a motivated and friendly team. Your primary responsibility will be to manage the purchase ledger but you will also become involved with a wide range of accounts activities within the Department.
The ideal candidate will have at least 2 years finance/accounts experience as you will be responsible for:
- the school’s purchase ledger which will involve processing up to 1000 invoice a month, which will include liaising with budget holders, reconciliation, preparing payment batches and reviewing procedures regularly.
- handling of petty cash on a day to day basis and reconciliation.
- providing general accounts cover in the department which will include cashbook, sales ledger and posting journal entries.
- assisting with the updating of the School’s Shop EPOS system including maintaining spreadsheets and postings amendments to the system.
- maintaining spreadsheets, analysing certain expense captions and from these generating supporting schedules.
To be successful in this position you will need to:
- be qualified by experience.
- have a good understanding of purchase ledger accounting procedures and be fully competent in the use of Sage 50 / Sage 200 with proven experience of entering high volumes of invoices and producing reports.
- have a good understanding of purchase ledger accounting procedures.
- have strong IT skills.
- be a team player with a pro-active and friendly personality and be willing to multi-task across the team.
- have a keen attention to detail methodical approach. Be well organised, task orientated and able to co-ordinate a range of activities.
This is an ideal role for a highly personable, friendly and enthusiastic individual, who wants to consolidate their accounting experience into one role. You will be a confident communicator as you will be liaising with a variety of stakeholders in a busy working environment.
A full application pack including job description can be obtained from http://www.shrewsbury.org.uk/page/finance-assistant, alternatively call (01743) 280 834, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 12 December 2016, noon
Interview Date: 15 December 2016
Please note we are not accepting applications / CVs from recruitment agencies
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be subject to an Enhanced DBS Certificate.