We are seeking a highly efficient and enthusiastic Finance Manager, to join our friendly, positive and forward looking Trust.
30 hours a week 42 weeks per year. (Term time plus 4 weeks. Holiday working weeks to be determined by the needs of the MAT)
Responsibilities of the postholder will include:-
- Preparing and monitoring the annual budget,
- Preparing and presenting financial papers and reports for Governors' meetings,
- Managing the day to day running of the school's finances: petty cash, banking, voluntary fund, invoices, monthly VAT returns, quarterly reconciliation and monitoring statements,
- Monitoring the school's cash flow,
- Preparing for all financial audits and compliance visits,
- Identifying and bidding for additional grants and funding,
- Ensuring all contracts and service agreements provide best value for money.
The ideal candidate will have experience of working in an education setting, with strong administration and organisational skills and an eye for detail. Ideally the candidate will be qualified to CSBM or DSBM or equivalent. The successful candidate will have 5 years' experience of working in a financial or similar role. Strong IT skills are essential and experience of SIMS/FMS and/or PFS would be an advantage.
Closing Date: 30th November 2016
Interviews: Will take place week commencing 5th December 2016
Information about the school
We are offering you the chance to join our incredible school in the still early stages of its life. New Generation Schools Trust opened Hope Community School in September 2013, a Free School set up with the full support of the Government in response to local needs and to improve education for children within their community. Through a Christian ethos and strategically planned personalised curriculum delivered in partnership with other outstanding education partners, the school provides an excellent education experience for children and families.
For further information about the school please visit the school website: www.hopecommunityschool.org
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed and considered essential so that candidates understand our unique ethos.
Our Trust and all its personnel are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the children.
This post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure Application to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Please contact the Principal at firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 0203 223 2000.
Application forms can be found on our website along with the Job Description.