Plumstead Manor is a thriving and rapidly improved school recently judged Good by Ofsted (May 2018). We are dedicated to providing a world-class education to the young people and families of Royal Greenwich, and hold a strong commitment to promoting excellence, justice and success for all our young people.
Our goal is to inspire and nurture young people of all abilities and backgrounds to develop a love of learning which will sustain them throughout their lives. It is this which will successfully see them into further education and the fulfilling career of their choice. We believe that high-quality teaching, in a safe and friendly environment, is the key to unlocking the potential all our young people have, so that they can go on to change the world for the better.
We are looking to appoint an outstanding Finance Manager to lead on all financial matters in the school, ensuring the school’s successful financial performance and that financial decisions are clearly linked to the school’s strategic goals and the school plan.
You will lead and monitor robust financial systems and will be responsible for the management of Finance Assistants. You will be responsible for generating regular financial reports to allow for effective budget monitoring and will report to the Head Teacher and Governors as required. Areas of work will include providing budget holders with regular budgetary information, the operation of the Post 16 Bursary, payroll, ParentPay, income from lettings, and ordering and discharging payments for goods and services.
We are looking for:
- experience of working in a finance or accounting role
- an understanding of the statutory and other requirements involved in school financial management
- at least 5 years’ successful experience in an administrative role
- a CSBM/DSBM qualification or evidence of progress towards it
- proficiency in the use of computerised management information systems
- excellent communication skills, allowing you to communicate effectively with a range of stakeholders
We can offer you:
- an opportunity to progress your career by gaining experience at a senior level in a large secondary school
- excellent professional development and support and the opportunity to link with leaders in other similar schools
To apply, please visit www.plumsteadmanor.com and apply online. Alternatively, contact the HR Team on 020 3260 3123 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org quoting ref: 760/FD.
You are welcome to visit the school. Please contact Janet Tarling on 020 3260 3111 if you wish to do this.
Closing date: Friday, 15th November at noon.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff to share this commitment. References will automatically be requested for all shortlisted applicants prior to interview. The successful applicant will be required to be DBS checked prior to taking up post.