The Tiffin Girls’ School, a girls’ selective state secondary school, is one of the country’s leading and highest achieving schools. As a single academy trust, we are seeking a fully qualified accountant, with a track record of outstanding financial management and control within a tightly constrained and complex organisation, to lead our experienced finance team.
The successful candidate will be accountable to the Headteacher and should be committed to providing high standards of accuracy within the finance team, with the ability to communicate to staff and stakeholders effectively and with enthusiasm. A passion and desire to deliver the best all-round education for the school’s students, drive financial efficiencies, generate income as well as provide financial guidance, direction and support to staff is essential.
Previous experience in an education setting would be an advantage, however, proven experience of general financial management and budget preparation and monitoring is essential.
A candidate suitable for the role will be:
- able to demonstrate expertise in sound financial management that is compliant with financial regulations including ESFA requirements;
- an excellent team player, working collaboratively with colleagues across the organisation and with key stakeholders;
- able to demonstrate initiative in identifying cost efficiencies and income generation opportunities;
- experienced in managing third party contracts especially IT Managed services, and cleaning services;
- qualified member of ICAEW,CIMA, ACCA, or CIPFA;
- highly organised, trustworthy and reliable, and able to manage a complex workload.
We can offer:
- the opportunity to join an experienced and friendly Finance department;
- a generous local government pension scheme.
The Tiffin Girls’ School is ideally situated just fifteen minutes’ walk from Kingston upon Thames town centre and mainline station (Zone 6). For further details about our school and the role, please visit www.tiffingirls.org
Please apply using the downloadable application form which is also available on our website, or contact the school office.
Closing date: 9am on Tuesday 23 April 2019
The Tiffin Girls’ School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share and support this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to both a full employment history and child protection check, and will also be required to undertake an enhanced Disclosure and Barring (criminal record) check.