Grade 7 : £29,636 to £32,878 per annum
35 hours per week, 25 days holiday per year plus bank holidays, rising to 30 days after 5 years service
We are currently seeking to appoint a suitably qualified, experienced and motivated individual to take up the post of Finance Manager. Under the direction of the Strategic Director of Finance and Corporate Services you will be responsible for the day to day operation of the finance function providing an efficient, responsive and high quality service.
• oversight and management of the day-to-day (operational) financial transactional needs of the Academy.
• Supporting the Strategic Director of Finance & Corporate Services with strategic planning, scenario planning, developing financial projections and plans for development
• Providing routine financial management reports to the Strategic Director of Finance & Corporate Services
• Supporting Budget Managers by ensuring the provision of up to date budget, forecast and financial information.
• Awareness of, and compliance to, statutory and academy policies and procedures relating to the role.
What we’re looking for
This position will require a well-balanced combination of customer service, financial and communication skills. Suitable candidates will be part qualified (CIMA, CIPFA, ACA, ACCA etc.) working towards full professional qualification. Significant and relevant experience of working in finance is an essential for the role and ideally candidates will possess previous experience of working in an education environment although applications are welcomed from experienced professionals from other backgrounds.
Manchester Health Academy opened in September 2009 and is sponsored by Manchester University NHS Foundation Trust. In September 2010 the Academy moved into a £20 million state-of-the-art building and to accommodate a growing student population we have just completed a further £10 million expansion project. Rated by Ofsted in April 2015 as a good school, with many outstanding features, we are now embarking on the next stage of our journey to outstanding and are looking for exceptional and inspiring individuals to help us achieve this ambition.
Why work for us?
This is an excellent opportunity for you to join our friendly and dedicated finance team. In return we will promise you a stimulating, supportive and rewarding working environment, where all staff are valued and where you will have the opportunity to access a range of excellent professional opportunities to support your progression as well as a competitive rate of pay. Additional benefits include:
• excellent Local Government Pension Scheme
• Free parking
• Free use of the community gym facilities
• Cycle to Work Scheme
• 10 minute commute to city centre
Completed application forms are to be emailed by the closing date/time to: email@example.com. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Closing date: 30 September 2019
The Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We therefore follow safer recruitment procedures and successful candidates are required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the Disclosure and Barring Service, along with other pre-employment checks.