Scale 6 – SO1 (depending on experience)
36 hours per week/42 weeks per year
Salary £25,195 (scale 6, point 18-22) - £28,537 (SO1, point 23-25)
8.15am to 4pm Monday to Thursday (30 minute lunch inclusive)
8.15am to 3.45pm Friday (30 minute lunch inclusive)
(Potential flexibility considered for the right candidate)
We are seeking an efficient, effective and highly organised person with a strong finance background in a school or similar financial institution and who has a positive, proactive approach to problem-solving.
The focus of this post, which is overseen by the School Business Manager, is to provide an efficient and effective financial administrative service to the school. The role includes:
• To ensure that the financial transactions in the school are carried out in an appropriate manner and that the financial regulations of both the LA and the school are observed
• Working with the School Business Manager, set and prepare the overall budget; including cash flow forecasts in conjunction with the Headteacher, SLT and Governing Body Finance Committee
• To seek to obtain Best Value for the school at all times in accordance with the financial regulations set out in the LA Finance Manual and SFVS.
• Monitoring the school’s budget, ensuring prompt reconciliation of month end accounts and providing monthly budget monitoring and other financial reports for the Headteacher and Governors as requested, to include accurate annotated monthly statements and termly budget updates to budget holders
• Managing the effective administration of all financial procedures and computerised financial systems eg processing of orders/invoices, and virements as required, in collaboration with the finance assistant.
The successful candidate would:
• Have knowledge of school systems and processes eg RM Finance
• Be proficient in Excel and Word
• Be able to communicate effectively
• Have experience in an education setting
All applicants are strongly encouraged and very welcome to visit our friendly school. Please ring the office to arrange an appointment. An application pack is available via our school website:
It is a requirement of this role that applicants are fluent in spoken English.
• Completed applications should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
• The school does not accept curriculum vitaes. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
• Closing date: 9am Friday 24th January 2020. We reserve the right to appoint before the closing date.
• Interviews: Week commencing 27th January 2020 TBC. Start date As soon as possible