We need someone who is prepared to work hard, use their initiative and share our aspirations. We want the best for our students and teachers and our ambition is to become an outstanding college and schools in London.
• Overall responsibility of Billing for Students and be recognised as prime contact for billings by colleges, admissions and sales personnel, using support from other members of the team as necessary
• Ensure Billing happens on a timely basis within 2 working days of receiving confirmed acceptance and offer details, invoices are sent to Bill Payers and Billing is transferred to FMS from SIMS on at least a weekly basis, as well as on the final day of the working month, with all bills accurate based on information provided
• Ensure all processes and authorisation of discounts is correct, and that fees are correctly applied in accordance with fee schedules. Ensure all students are identified as in college or not, and that fees are in line with timetables and enrolled students identified matches student numbers in college and boarding as appropriate
• Production of monthly Revenue Sheets by College, showing students in college, amounts billed to each student, status of students, and fees yet to bill, to assist management in having an up to date picture of revenues and forecasting, as well as reconciling to FMS for accuracy
• Ensure change notifications to students for fees, leavers or accommodation are correctly completed and authorised in line with process, and that these are accurately and promptly billed within 2 working days of receipt of notification
• Weekly report to FC on number of invoices raised per college, total amount billed, and number of credit notes raised per college, as well as reason for credit notes
• All instalment payments to be agreed with UK payers only by direct debit, and notified accordingly to credit controller
• All deposits to be recorded within one working day of receipt, and deposits reconciled on a monthly basis with clear analysis of deposits related to current students, leavers and any who have left without paying full balances
• Manage submissions to Endsleigh Insurance (Student Insurance) on a monthly basis
Full details can be found on our job description.
Kensington Park School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employer and the Disclosure and Barring Service, as well as have due regard for the school's Safer Recruitment and Safeguarding (Child Protection) policies when applying for any position at the school.
Kensington Park School
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- Secondary with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years
A new independent school has opened in the heart of London offering the highest quality education to boys and girls from 11 to 18.
Kensington Park School is a fantastic addition to the central London independent school scene.
The school o...