Grade 5 £20,493 - £23,080 pro rata. Actual £17,650 - £19,878
37 hours per week (term time plus 2 weeks)
Required for an April 2021 start
We are seeking to appoint a Finance Officer to join our friendly administration team. The role will be responsible for the processing of a wide range of financial duties in accordance with approved school and local authority policies and financial regulations.
The role will be varied but includes:
• To be responsible for the processing of orders, checking/certifying invoices and producing payment checks in accordance with financial regulations and agreed procedures.
• To order equipment as required and to maintain stationery and consumables for the whole school.
• To undertake the necessary administration and compliance checks in relation to school trips and visits.
• To ensure that the Wisepay system is updated as necessary.
• To manage, input and extract data/information for analysis.
• To provide budget holders and the Senior Leadership Team with financial monitoring information and reports as required.
The successful candidate will have a minimum of 3 GCSEs (including English and Maths) or equivalent level of qualification. You should have experience of undertaking a range of administration tasks, be competent in the use of a variety of ICT software, excellent communication skills and produce accurate work within set deadlines.
An approachable, flexible attitude and the ability to deal with confidential information is essential and previous experience of working in a school environment would be desirable.
Further details of the post and an application form is available from the school website www.golbornehigh.wigan.sch.uk
Closing date: Monday 8th March 2021 at 8am
Interviews: Thursday 11th March 2021
Golborne High School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. The post is covered by the Protection of Children Act and is therefore subject to enhanced DBS clearance.
It should be noted that it is a requirement of the Governors of Golborne High School that candidates should, whenever possible, name as referees current and former employers (via Heads or Principals where employment at educational institutions is concerned).
We look forward to receiving your application should you be interested. If you have not heard from us by the interview date, you may assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Unfortunately, we are unable to offer feedback on individual applications that are not shortlisted for interview.
Golborne High School
- Mainstream school with state - community funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 16 years
Golborne High School, a co-educational secondary school of around 1,200 pupils, is located near to Wigan, Greater Manchester. Providing places for pupils aged 11-16, Golborne High is a foundation cooperative trust school, forming a key part of the Go...