Salary Range: School Officer - Level 4 - $30.02- $30.96 per hour
St Kieran's Catholic School
Position: Finance Secretary
Classification: 38hrs/wk - Term Time, Permanent
Start Date: Term 1 2020
Contact: HR Services (07) 4773 0900
offers prep to year 6 and has a strong commitment to communication. The school prides itself on being familiar with every member of the school community, as well as being attuned to the individual needs of others.
St Kieran's Catholic School boasts a long tradition of outstanding performance in academic, sporting and cultural arenas.
Townsville Catholic Education provides a supportive, flexible working environment where care for the individual is an important part of our ethos. We employ motivated people who want to work together to produce excellent outcomes for our students. Our staff are recognised as being central to achieving our mission.
What we are looking for
The Finance Secretary is responsible for providing support to the Principal with the financial functions of the school, demonstrating a high level of self-initiative, flexibility and dependability.
The Finance Secretary is required to be familiar with the School Mission Statement and to strive to achieve the spirit of this statement in performing the role. The Finance Secretary demonstrates a high degree of skill and proficiency in managing a high volume of general phone enquiries and in office procedures.
The Finance Secretary is responsible for:
- Responsibility for all financial records, including ensuring the accuracy of data in the financial management system, bank reconciliations, preparation of BAS and monthly financial statements, assisting with annual budget preparation and assisting with the collection of fees
- Administer the school finance administration package
- Respond to GST enquiries, financial management and reporting requirements
- Provide support in census reporting requirements
- Preparation of financial reports to support audit
- Carry out a wide range of school administration duties including record management and reception
- Providing information and responding to enquiries from the school community
- Any other tasks as reasonably requested by the Principal.
- Relevant financial administration experience including GST and preparation of BAS
- Demonstrated experience in carrying out financial accounting capabilities
- Relevant administration experience including the use of financial software programs.
- Knowledge of GST as it applies to schools
- Knowledge of bad debt/accounts receivable management
- Computer literacy and competence across various programs.
- Proven ability to prioritise work and meet deadlines in a busy environment
- An eye for detail and recognition of the importance of accuracy in all aspects of the work
- Enthusiastic, energetic, flexible with a proactive attitude
- Excellent interpersonal skills including communication, negotiation and problem solving with capacity to interact effectively with a broad range of employees, students and parents in the school community
- A demonstrated ability to develop and sustain productive working relationships.
- Current Working with Children Suitability Card or eligibility to obtain same
- Minimum diploma level qualification or equivalent relevant experience.
- Current Driver’s Licence
- Ability to travel from time to time within the Catholic Diocese of Townsville
- Ability to perform the physical requirements of the role in a safe manner.
- Certificate in Business Administration
- Previous experience in the education field would be considered advantageous.
Please view our Position Description for further information about this role.
How to apply
- Complete the application form
- Write a covering letter that addresses your suitability in relation to the qualifications, experience, knowledge and skills required of the role.
- Current resume including referees
Applications close 8pm Sunday 26th January 2020.
Interviews will be held in Tuesday 29th January 2020.