St Matthew's Primary School is situated in Cornubia, Logan City, south of Brisbane and prides itself on the spirit that can be found in our students, teachers, sporting teams, achievements, friendships and approach to learning. We are a co-educational school with a current enrolment of 550 students. Our school offers the latest in teaching and learning, technology and extra curricular activities. We are a high quality inclusive Catholic school offering our students a rounded education that supports personal growth based on Christian values.
Visit our school website here
We are seeking a Finance Secretary to assist the School Leadership Team with a wide variety of administrative and financial tasks to support the financial operations of the school.
Under the direction of the Principal, you will coordinate financial administration activities and provide support to ensure the school delivers on key reporting deadlines.
• reconciliation of accounts
• cashier and banking duties
• data entry
• report preparation
• office duties assigned as appropriate
Skills and Experience
• Experience in an accounts or finance role
• Demonstrated initiative and attention to detail
• A skilful negotiator who is able to liaise with the school’s clients with empathy
• Ability to be highly organised
• Demonstrated sound judgement, confidentiality and discretion
• Experience with Microsoft Office, particularly Excel and the BCE finance system - AX Dynamics, is desirable
A cover letter addressing the criteria outlined above, should be included with your Resume attachment.
To be successful in this role you will:
- have a commitment to and understanding of the ethos and traditions of Catholic Education;
- hold a Paid Employee Positive Notice Blue Card prior to commencement; and
- be eligible to work in Australia for the duration of the appointment.
Estimated Start Date: Commencing April 2021
Position Tenure: Continuing
Weeks Worked: Up to 52 weeks per year including school holidays
Tenure Duration (If Fixed Term):
Total Paid Hours (per wk) & Days Required: 5 days/week (38 hours/week) Monday to Friday
Salary Level, Range or Hourly Rate: School Officer Level 5 - $33.53 per hour
Employment Conditions: Diocesan Catholic Education Employing Authorities in Queensland Single Interest Agreement
This position involves working with children. The appointment of successful applicants will be subject to satisfactory employment screening for child related employment in accordance with the law.
Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
Contact Person: Tim Stinson
Contact Telephone Number: 3209 6155
Contact Email: email@example.com
Closing Date: 11-Apr-2021
Brisbane Catholic Education