The Laurus Trust is a highly successful and growing multi-academy trust in the North West of England, with Cheadle Hulme High School (CHHS), the founder school, at its centre. Our vision is for everyone regardless of background or circumstance to be inspired, to thrive in all environments, to recognise what it takes to succeed, to set aspirational goals and to work hard to achieve them.
All our Laurus Schools are hugely oversubscribed and have a reputation, both locally and further afield, for outstanding teaching and learning through the relentless pursuit of excellence and the determination to ensure that every child succeeds. In the recent Staff Engagement Survey, 97% of our employees stated that they would recommend working for Laurus Trust to their friends.
Due to continued growth and success, Hazel Grove High School is looking to appoint a confident and caring First Aid Lead & Administrator. This is a fantastic opportunity to join the Laurus Trust family, and to play a vital role in maintaining the high standards of the Trust. Support staff work tirelessly to ensure all services run smoothly and efficiently, enabling our teaching staff to focus on delivering an outstanding education for our students.
- Assess the medical and welfare needs of students and staff, and administer front-line First Aid.
- Ensure that pupils with ongoing medical needs are supported in school in line with their Individual Health Care Plans, administer approved medication to students and maintain records and reports, including those for statutory requirements.
- Liaise with a range of health agencies with a view to seeking advice and support on behalf of students with specific health issues.
- Advise on general health matters as presented by the staff and pupils, and communicate with parents as appropriate.
- Keep an up to date accident record book including details of injuries.
- Create any required reports for accidents at work, review for patterns and report to the Estates Director.
- Ensure all emergency First Aid medical equipment is in good working order.
- Produce student medical needs list, emergency first aid list and staff medical needs list.
- Support pupils returning to school after a period of absence and liaise with Heads of Year regarding confidential medical matters.
- Input/extract information to and from computer databases including the SIMS system.
- Enter all student medical information into SIMS, maintain accurate records.
- Provide confidential administrative support to the school including the preparation of documents and arranging appointments/meetings.
Key Skills & Experience
- It is essential that you possess a First Aid Certificate and have prior experience in a similar role.
- Attainment of any other health-related qualifications/training would be advantageous.
- A knowledge of local health professionals and the services they offer would be extremely beneficial.
- Must be a strong Administrator, ideally with experience of using SIMS.
- An ability to establish rapport and remain calm in stressful situations is essential.
- Sound educational background including GCSE’s in Maths and English (A*-C) or equivalent.
We offer a wide range of employee benefits to all of our staff in return for their commitment to our schools, and to help contribute towards improving their well-being. These include:
- A Health and Wellbeing strategy including targeted Health Promotion Initiatives, Wellbeing App and a commitment to have a trained Mental Health First Aider in every school
- A proactive approach to flexible working – we are a family friendly organisation
- Subsidised nursey in Cheadle Hulme
- Children of Staff have priority in the admissions oversubscription process (subject to availability)
- Pension scheme with excellent employer contributions
- Enhanced Family Leave
- Staff development programme and investment in professional qualifications
- Subsidised Gym Membership
- Free Flu jabs
At the Laurus Trust, it is not just about what we do but also about how we do it. Our core behaviours detailed below provide guidance on the expectations we have of our staff. It is essential that any employee joining the Trust is able to demonstrate some or all of these behaviours on a regular/daily basis:
- Adaptable - Open to change, to be flexible
- Courageous - Willing to speak up, offer ideas, challenge the norm
- Hard Working - Strong work ethic, prepared to go the extra mile
- Inclusive - Treat others fairly and equally
- Engaged - Involved/absorbed in your work, participate at all times
- Value - Add value to your role, your team and the Trust
- Enquiring - Have an enquiring mind, curious, improve and find solutions
- Motivated - Pro-active, wanting to achieve goals, willingness to try, can do attitude
- Encouraging - Giving/offering support and confidence to others, working together
- Navigator - Providing guidance, leading when necessary
- Tenacious - Perseverance, never giving up, whatever it takes
Applying to the Laurus Trust
If you want to work in a highly ambitious and successful school, and have the passion and commitment to join us at an exciting time of continuous progression and growth, then we would like to hear from you.
For more information about The Laurus Trust, or for further information relating to the role and the School you’re applying to, please download the Candidate Information Pack (via TES) or visit https://www.laurustrust.co.uk/
Please note: an application form must be completed as CV’s will not be accepted.
Disability Confident Committed
The Laurus Trust is committed to Equal Opportunities for all candidates. As a Disability Confident Committed Employer, we strongly encourage applications from all persons with a known disability, and we will ensure that a fair and proportionate number of disabled applicants that meet the minimum criteria for this position will be offered an interview and given the opportunity to demonstrate their skills, talents and abilities.
If you would prefer to request a manual application pack, or should you require any additional support in completing your application, please feel free to contact us on 0161 485 7201 or via e-mail at; firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: Wednesday 18th November 2020 at 9.00am
Interview Date: Monday 23rd November 2020
The Laurus Trust and its affiliated schools are committed to safeguarding and protecting the children and young people that we work with. As such, all posts are subject to a safer recruitment process, including the disclosure of criminal records and vetting checks.
We ensure that we have a range of policies and procedures in place which promote safeguarding and safer working practice across the school. This is in line with statutory guidance Keeping Children Safe in Education 2019 and The Education Act 2002, we expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Hazel Grove High School
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years