Fixed Term Contract until January 2020
Focus Learning Trust is part of the OneSchool global network, one of the most extensive and progressive networks of schools and educational support services in the world. With schools in 18 countries worldwide, our 10,000 students are benefiting from the amazing results of global collaboration and cutting-edge educational methods
We are seeking to appoint a highly skilled, enthusiastic Food and Nutrition teacher to join our Focus School Stoke Poges Campus on a part-time (0.6 FTE) permanent basis. The position is to support students across KS3 and KS4. You will be adept at coaching our students to see and lead through challenges in their learning, so they make the best possible progress in each and every lesson.
Our schools offer achievement, opportunity and professional challenge to our students within a supportive environment. The students have a passion and desire to excel in learning. We are looking for conscientious and hard-working individuals who are passionate about education, pay meticulous attention to detail and who wish to maintain our environment to the highest standard. Our goal is to become a leading edge school in every aspect.
N.B. Visits prior to application are warmly welcomed so you can come and see for yourself what makes Focus Learning Trust such a special and unique place to work.
N.B. This position is open to NQTs.
• To plan, implement and monitor schemes of work, lesson plans and student Self Directed Learning assignments for subject. Each lesson plan is to indicate which outcomes will be addressed in the lesson and what resources will be used, in line with the FLT subject curriculum
• To ensure the Self Directed Learning philosophy of the school is present in the opportunities presented to the students
• To develop and fully utilise assignments and tasks centred on the school virtual learning environment (Canvas) including homework, quizzes and discussion forums
• Use a wide range of resources and extracurricular activities to provide students with a broad range of activities and experiences in keeping with the School’s guidelines
• To set targets, based on prior attainments, and undertake effective, informative marking which will extend and develop all students
• To keep appropriate records of progress and attainment of students for use in planning and for reporting accordingly to parents
• Have Qualified Teacher Status and a degree or similar food related qualification
• Possess recent experience of teaching Food and Nutrition to KS3-KS5 students
• Knowledge of GCSE Food Preparation and Nutrition exam specifications
• Have a diverse set of skills which will enable you to be flexible working in the classroom and our modern learning centre
• Be able to work creatively and strategically in an ‘all-through’ school
• Be an innovative and reflective practitioner who is keen to learn
• Committed to improving the life chances of every child
• Respect the schools Ethos and Values
• Supportive Trustees who are committed to school improvement, who will work with you to achieve your goals
• Students who are enthusiastic and highly motivated with a love of learning
• Active and committed parents and carers and a supportive and involved community
• Excellent premises and well equipped classrooms providing a modern and technologically advanced learning environment for students
• Modest class sizes of around 10 students on average, thus providing the opportunity to make a real difference to the lives of our students
• The opportunity to enhance your educational experience with support for continued professional development
• A competitive salary (including a staff laptop)
• Professional support from Focus Learning Trust to continually progress and develop your career with through our unique Teacher Training Academy - equivalent to 100 hours per academic year
For more information about Focus Learning Trust or specific information relating to our Campus please visit http://www.focsus-school.com or follow us on LinkedIn at Focus Learning Trust
For an informal discussion or visit to the school please contact Melissa Podlaski on 0330 055 5600 or email email@example.com for an application pack.
Closing Date for application forms: Friday 22nd February 2019
Interviews will be held: TBC
NO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES
Focus School Stoke Poges Campus is committed to safeguarding and protecting the children and young people that we work with. As such, all posts are subject to a safer recruitment process, including the disclosure of criminal records and vetting checks.
We ensure that we have a range of policies and procedures in place which promote safeguarding and safer working practice across the school. This is in line with statutory guidance Keeping Children Safe in Education 2018 and The Education Act 2002, we expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment