Food Stores Assistant
30 hours x 38 weeks
Open to internal and external applicants
We are looking to recruit a Food Stores Assistant to work within the catering team at Sheffield City Campus
A typical working week could be
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday,Thursday, Friday: 8.00 – 2.30 including ½ lunch break
Duties will include:
• To assist in the preparation of food trolleys and to break them down. Utilise food & non food in a productive way to ensure that weekly spending budgets are met
• To assist in dealing with food and non-food suppliers ensuring that commodities are of the highest standard and competitively priced
• To assist with ordering commodities using a computerised system
• Taking receipt of commodities and ensuring that they meet order specifications
• To liaise with lecturers/students regarding order requirements
• To work following strict HACCP guidelines
• Level 2 Food Hygiene qualification
• Level 2 qualification in food preparation or working towards
• Confident in using IT and Word applications
Further details about the role can be found in the role descriptor, along with a person specification sheet attached to this advert.
This is a Sparks Managed Services Ltd post, a subsidiary of The Sheffield College.
Closing date: 18/01/2019
Please click the box above to view the job description, person specification and notes of guidance. If you are accessing this advert on your mobile device, the box will be replaced by a button.
To apply please click apply and follow the links and complete the online application. For queries regarding the application process please contact Human Resources Team on 0114 2602623 or email firstname.lastname@example.org CV’s not accepted.