To support the College in the implementation of its aims and objectives as specified in the Improvement Plan and Policy Statements. Under the general supervision of the Food Teacher, the post holder is responsible for maintaining safe and organised work areas, preparation of materials and resources.
Technician Main Tasks:
• Ordering, purchase and preparation of various materials for use in the classrooms.
• Weighing and measuring ingredients in preparation for practical Food lessons and teacher demonstrations.
• Setting up and assembling equipment for Food lessons.
• Assisting in practical lessons both at Key Stage 3 and Key Stage 4.
• Maintaining well-ordered and hygienic working areas.
• To assist and advise re stock requirements by keeping an up-to-date inventory of materials and equipment.
• Organisation of repair and servicing of equipment, tools and machines by a PAT member of staff or appropriate person.
• Organisation of permanent displays, under the direction of teachers and assistance with temporary display work for open evenings etc.
• Preparation of teaching materials, filing of students work and general administrative duties.
Grade AS03 (SCP 2 - 4)
Gross starting annual salary = £8,198
Start Date: Asap dependent on DBS clearance
Working hours: 20 hours per week, 4 hours a day, start and finish times to be agreed at interview - Term Time
Weeks per year = 39 working weeks (including staff training days), paid for 44.65 which includes pro rata holiday entitlement
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check will be required for the successful applicant.
Closing date: 22.4.19