Salary: NJC 3-5
Hours: 30 hours per week
Inspire their remarkable with us
New Rickstones Academy is graded ‘Good’(May 2018) and has a state of the art new building offering fantastic facilities for both students and staff.
We are looking for a proactive and organised individual to work as our new Food Technician to assist with the raising of standards and achievement of the food department at all key stages. You will work with the Head of department and class teachers, assisting the teacher with the technical and practical delivery of lessons where appropriate. In addition, you will demonstrate to students, the use of food equipment and practical techniques under the direction of the Head of Department/class teacher.
You will help monitor resources/ ingredients in the food area and assist staff in the production of a wide variety of teaching resources and organisation. This is an exciting, hands-on job; ideal for someone who thrives when they're in a role where every single day presents differently and enjoys being a highly valued member of the team.
We passionately believe that every child can discover their own remarkable life. It’s what motivates us around here. We know this vision requires something extra. Which is why at AET, you’ll find more. More opportunities, so you can forge your own path. More care and support, so you can prioritise what matters most. More purpose, for you and for the children we’re inspiring.
- More opportunity to grow your career - We’ll support you in developing your career and experience at this school or another AET school.
- More tailored support - We understand every academy is unique. We’ll give you tailored support and flexibility, allowing you to do what’s best for your children.
- More chance to see what’s out there - We create opportunities for teachers to visit other AET academies and learn from outside experience.
- More like minded colleagues, so you can benefit from others’ experience - You’re connected to our network of 58 academies and thousands of education professionals.
- More technology so you can make more impact - G Suite for Education embedded throughout. Collaborative cloud technology gives you access to the latest tools, when and where it suits you. More tech enabled classrooms mean less time spent on admin and more time teaching.
- More time - We strive to minimise unnecessary distractions so you can have energy for your job, and your life.
Closing date-Wednesday 14 April 2021
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response. All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before making an application.
In line with our safeguarding practices we are unable to accept CV’s. Come inspire their remarkable with us, apply today
We are committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate will be required for all posts. This post will be subject to enhanced checks as part of our Prevent Duty.
Academies Enterprise Trust embraces diversity and promotes equality of opportunity. Job share, part time and flexible working opportunities will be considered.
We are a Disability Confident Employer and there is a guaranteed interview scheme for candidates with disabilities who meet the minimum selection criteria.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Linkedin. Further details can be found on our careers page.
AET is recruiting for School Direct placements. Please visit our website https://sites.google.com/aetinet.org/academies-enterprise-trust/work-at-aet/initial-teacher-training for further details.
New Rickstones Academy
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years
**Please scroll to the bottom of this page to view our live vacancies**
Message from Damian Lee, Headteacher
This is an exciting time to be joining the Academy. We have built on the success of our Good OFSTED rating last year and have see...