We are looking for a Food Technology and Textiles Technician to join our team at Northwood. We are a friendly, happy, welcoming school where young people behave well and are enabled to make excellent academic progress.
Northwood School offers:
- Support for new members of staff
- A well-established induction programme
- Professional development with progression
- Bike to Work scheme
- The full support of the Headteacher, the Head of Department and colleagues
- A fantastic social life and loads more
- Northwood School is a highly successful, high performing 11-18 comprehensive in the London Borough of Hillingdon
- 73% of students achieved level 4 or above in English and maths in the summer of 2017
- Significantly positive value added for the past five years. In 2017 our Progress 8 of 0.7.6 placed us in the top 5% of schools nationally
- We recently moved to an impressive new building with fantastic facilities
- Rated 5* in The Real School Guide 2016 and 2017
We are looking for individuals with good literacy and numeracy skills, who can promote a supportive atmosphere for our students so that they achieve their best. Good communication skills, an observant eye and attention to detail are essential. You will need to have a calm nature, and work effectively in a busy environment.
We are seeking a conscientious, reliable and enthusiastic person, with effective communication and practical skills. The successful candidate should be able to demonstrate initiative, flexibility and an ability to work cooperatively with staff and students.
Duties will include:
● Preparation of materials for food technology and textiles classes and examinations;
● Keeping stock and ordering of materials;
● Exhibiting of students’ work;
● Supporting classroom teachers with practical projects;
● Cleaning rooms and equipment in order to maintain a safe environment;
● Photocopying and laminating.
*Additional hours are required for Open Evenings.
Please note that applications by CV only will not be accepted. You must download and complete the TES application form.