Vision for Education, the supply arm of TES, are seeking to appoint an ambitious full-time Food Technology Teacher to work at a Pupil Referral Unit in Peterborough, Cambridgeshire. This is a full-time position due to begin as soon as possible and continue on a long-term/permanent basis.
The successful Food Technology Teacher will be expected to have a broad subject knowledge and have the ability to teach Food Technology from GCSE up to A-Level. You will be teaching small classes and receive a high level of staffing support. The successful Food Technology Teacher will be expected to work collaboratively with their colleagues and complete planning and marking.
The successful Food Technology Teacher will need to be passionate and committed about providing a unique and engaging learning experience for children.
To be considered for the position as Food Technology Teacher you must:
• Be a Food Technology Teacher with Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) or an Instructor Tutor with at least 1 years’ experience teaching Food Technology up to GCSE and/or A-Level
• Ideally, have experience teaching children and young people including those with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) including; Autism (ASD/ASC), Asperger’s Syndrome, Dyslexia, Emotional and Behavioural Difficulties (EBD), Severe Learning Disabilities (SLD) and complex needs
• Be flexible, adaptable and able to hit the ground running in a busy and vibrant environment
• Able to adjust lessons and teaching approaches accordingly to meet the needs of the children you’re supporting
• Have a passion for teaching with the ability to plan and deliver inspiring and engaging Food Technology lessons
• Have a genuine desire to become part of committed team of Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) practitioners
Applications from Newly Qualified Teachers (NQTs) are strongly encouraged and welcomed for this Food Technology Teacher position.
At Vision for Education, we take our responsibilities to our practitioners seriously and our aim is to ensure you are well supported and rewarded for your efforts. As part of the Vision for Education team, and as a Food Technology Teacher, you will receive:
• Excellent daily rates of pay, paid weekly through PAYE
• Support through your placements
• Unparalleled daily rates
• Access to a dedicated SEND Consultant 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
• Access to free specialist Continued Professional Development (CPD) opportunities such as Team Teach, Autism Awareness and Moving and Handling Qualifications, and 20+ eLearning Courses through EduCare
• £50 reward every time you recommend a colleague
• Regular social events with 100% complimentary food and drink
If you are a Food Technology Teacher who can enthuse, motivate and engage students with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND), and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment, then we want to hear from you today.
You must be eligible to work in the UK and meet Vision for Education's stringent safeguarding checks for this Food Technology Teacher position. We will also require you to hold a current DBS certificate (Child Workforce only) and it be registered on the Online Update Service. If your DBS is not registered online or you do not hold a DBS under Child Workforce, Vision will assist in your application.
For more information on this Food Technology Teacher position and other teaching opportunities Vision for Education have to offer within Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) in Cambridge and across Cambridgeshire, please contact the Peterborough SEND Team on 01733 371371.