ST HELENA SCHOOL
FOOD TECHNOLOGY TECHNICIAN
Pay Range: Local Government Scale 3, Point 4
Actual Salary from: £5,677
Start Date: Immediate Start
We are seeking an outstanding individual to provide full technician support to the Food Technology teaching staff, particularly in the preparation and cleaning/clearing of lesson materials.
This post is 13 hours per week, 39 weeks per year (term time, plus non-pupil days)
Some of your key responsibilities will include:
● To assist in the maintenance of supplies for the department
● To keep resources in an organised and accessible manner
● To assist teaching staff in the preparation of resources for lessons
● To undertake minor repairs to resources eg mending books, tightening fixings on saucepans lids, cupboard doors etc
● To assist students with access to resources as appropriate
● To clear classrooms/work areas after lessons, undertake washing up, cleaning of work surfaces, return of resources to appropriate storage etc – as required
(The full details can be found in the attached Job Outline and Person Specification).
We're looking for you if you have:
● A good standard of education.
● A commitment to high standards of achievement from students and yourself.
● Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to act on your own initiative.
Why work for The Sigma Trust, St Helena School?
We Can Offer You:
• A Competitive Salary
• Robust school CPD training programme that enables you to flourish
• Opportunities to work with colleagues across the Trust to share resources, ideas and build collaborative relationships
• Employee Benefits: Employee Assistance Programme, Pension Scheme, Cycle to Work Scheme and Discounted Gym Membership at selected local gyms
For additional information about the Trust and this school, please visit our website www.sigmatrust.org.uk
To apply for this post, please complete an application form, available from The Sigma Trust/this website and return it to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference 717. Please read the Notes for Applicants document attached.
Closing date: Midnight, Thursday 23rd September 2021
The Sigma Trust is committed to safeguarding and protecting the children and young people that we work with. As such, all posts are subject to safer recruitment process, including the disclosure of criminal records and vetting checks. We ensure that we have a range of policies in place which promote safeguarding and safer working practice across our schools.
St Helena School
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 16 years
At St Helena School, our desire is to provide exciting opportunities, tailored for our young people. Through collective learning, we create a legacy for those who follow.
Working with parents, Governors and wider partners,...