Trinity Academy Leeds
Food Technology Technician
32.5 hours per week
Term Time Only (plus 5 days)
Scale 3 (points 5-6). Actual salary £14,571 - £14,863 per annum
This is an exciting time join the founding team of a brand-new school, Trinity Academy Leeds as it continues to grow and develop. Trinity Academy Leeds opened its doors in September to 240 students from across the city and has already established a strong culture of excellence where all staff are united under the same shared mission, to enrich and strengthen the life choices and chances of the young people in east Leeds and beyond.
Trinity Academy Leeds is part of a wider family of schools, Trinity Multi Academy Trust. TMAT is proud to have transformed the life chances of thousands of pupils across its existing academies, and our core values of Empathy, Honesty, Respect and Responsibility run through all aspects of academy life. Our secondary schools consistently achieve academic results which place them in the top 10% of highest performing schools in the country and receive national and international recognition for the quality of their provision.
We are now looking to appoint a Food Technology Technician to join our team.
You will be required to provide support to the Art, Design and Technology department, primarily supporting the preparation of Cooking and Nutrition lessons.
You will be responsible for:
• Preparing for lessons including setting up and clearing away materials, ingredients and
• Ensuring all work spaces and equipment is maintained and cleaned to the highest
• Supporting the class teacher with lesson demonstrations and assisting students with
• Ensuring Health and Safety standards are upheld at all times
• Ordering stock and managing stock levels
What we need?
• 4 or more GCSEs at Grade C or above (or equivalent) including Maths and English.
• Food Hygiene Certificate Level 2 or be willing to complete the online qualification
• Experience in a similar role (this does not have to be paid experience)
• Knowledge of health and safety processes and procedures
• Team player
What can we offer you?
• The opportunity to work with a progressive and forward thinking, Multi Academy Trust,
where you are making the difference to the lives of hundreds of young people.
• Opportunities for development and career progression.
• Range of benefits including reduced cost health cover and access to the West Yorkshire
You must be fully committed to optimising the opportunities that are available to children and young people, secure in the knowledge that you will be joining an ambitious forward-thinking Academy Trust that sets the standards for our family of schools and academies.
Start Date: To be agreed
Closing Date: 9.00am Wednesday 8th December 2021
Apply now! For further information on this role, the benefits of working for the trust and how to apply, visit our recruitment website; www.trinitymat.org/all-vacancies. Here you can also view our Staff Prospectus.
Trinity Multi-Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All appointments are made subject to an enhanced DBS check. We are an equal opportunities employer and want our staff profile to reflect the community we serve.
Due to the increased population in Leeds, particularly in young people of school age, there is a shortage of secondary school places which will last for the foreseeable future. To overcome this problem, Leeds City Council have committed to opening a ...