We at Malvern College Pre-School Hong Kong recognise the importance of the Early Years for laying a firm foundation for future learning and success. We have made it our vision to create a world-leading educational programme that is aimed at nurturing the potential in every child through a stimulating and developmental Early Years programme.
We are looking for a certified (Level 3) Forest School Leader. The Forest School Leader assists the school leadership in building and maintaining an innovative and successful Forest School Programme for Malvern College Hong Kong which connects to EYFS and Key Stage 1 curriculum. The appointed Forest School Leader will provide leadership in developing and implementing an outstanding Forest School Curriculum. The appointed person will lead in Forest School Education, teaching and learning, and will supervise the children during the Forest school visits, along with supporting staff. The appointed person will also be required to support the PE programme as well as participate in covering duties within the School.
- Design and lead in preparing a challenging, innovative and exciting Forest School curriculum for children which will enable them to flourish and achieve their potential
- Design, prepare and deliver inspiring and challenging Forest School lessons to suit the individual needs of all pupils
- Promote the enjoyment of learning in the outdoors
- Complete risk assessments
- Nurture meaningful relationships with children and provide the individual attention they need
- Communicate accurately, regularly and meaningfully with families of students in their care
- Contribute to the extra-curricular activities programme and participate in school activities such as assemblies, parent evening events, conferences, workshops and duties- any other roles as identified by the leadership team.
- Adhere to and promote Malvern College’s Mission, Vision and Values
Educational and Professional Requirements
- A qualified teacher and holder of university degree
- Level 3 Forest School Leader Qualification
- Current Outdoor First Aid Qualification
- Native Level English speaker
- Minimum of 2 years Forest School experience
- Curriculum development knowledge and experience in Forest School Education
- Experience in teaching second language learners
- Enjoys being outdoors and working with children
- Awareness of Safeguarding, Health and Safety, and other related policies
- Evidence of on-going professional learning and development
- Demonstrate professionalism, commitment, integrity, strength of character and perseverance
- Respect for all members of a school community, irrespective of position, gender, age, and ethnic background
- Shows a strong work ethic
- Articulate and effective communicator and well-developed interpersonal skills
- Committed to ensuring high standards of teaching and learning in outdoor education
- Collaborative and can work as part of a team
- Sense of humour
- Committed to ensuring high standards of teaching and learning
- Can work and lead independently
All applications should be submitted online via the Malvern College International website (www. malverncollegeinternational.org/Current-Vacancies). You are required to complete your online profile and supporting statement and upload your CV. We exist to provide a quality all round education for pupils and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Candidates must be prepared to undergo child protection screening and appropriate pre-employment checks. If you have any initial queries about submitting your application, please email email@example.com for assistance.