Are you passionate about the outdoors and getting kids back into nature? Would you like to be a part of an “Outstanding” outdoor nursery organisation, recognised by the Queen for their innovation?
Come and join an adventurous and progressive nursery where you'll get to climb trees, toast marshmallows on a campfire, build zip wires and laugh, love and play in the fresh air all day long with amazing children.
Little Forest Folk have six magical outdoor forest nurseries across South West London and are completely child-led and play-based settings. We are providing 2-5 year olds with an exemplary early years learning experience to help them become the children most likely to succeed in today’s world.
As Nursery Manager, you’ll lead an experienced and accomplished team using your existing skills, experience and passion for child-led learning. You will follow children’s interests and scaffold their learning in extraordinary and enabling environments for play-based learning.
You'll love working with children, and although you'll be supernumerary, you will motivate, lead, role model to and inspire your team of practitioners and help them to grow as educators by spending half of your week in the forest playing with the children.
When you join our organisation, we will provide you with amazing support from our Back Office team. We want our managers to be inspiring leaders rather than pencil pushing paperwork operators so our Back Office team offer strong support by managing your HR, recruitment, invoicing, parent enquiries and as much paperwork as we can take off your shoulders. Your job is to passionately lead and inspire your team to continue to offer children wondrous daily experiences and give them the childhood they deserve.
We offer exceptional training and a highly experienced mentor to all our managers. As a growing organisation, there will always be opportunities for career progression.
What we are looking for in our ideal candidate:
- A minimum of Early Years Level 3 qualification or QTS
- Experience as a manager or deputy of a team
- A great passion for nature play and engaging children with the outdoors
- Experience of working and implementing the EYFS statutory framework
- Good knowledge and understanding of the safeguarding children obligations
- Someone who is highly organised, reliable and a driven team-player
- Strong relationship-building and communication skills to build a rapport with parents and practitioners alike
- The ability to adapt quickly to changes, is flexible and uses their initiative on a daily basis.
Salary: £30,000-£35,000 per annum depending on experience
Hours and Location: 40 hours per week, South West London location
We believe in looking after the people who look after our children, so our educators enjoy a range of perks such as;
- 28 days annual leave, inclusive of public holidays
- 1 additional day of annual leave after each full year of employment
- A day off on your birthday – everyone should spend their birthday eating cake, not at work!
- Competitive salaries
- Funded Level 3 Forest School Qualification
- Career progression opportunities
- Professional development and in house training with leading names in the Early Childhood industry.
- Social events throughout the year – a chance to hang up the wellies and let your hair down with your teammates!
- Discounts at our favourite outdoor retailers
- The opportunity to work in beautiful Tuscany for a week every year
- Bike to Work Scheme (with Cyclescheme)
- Cash back health plan (with Paycare)
- Workplace Nursery scheme
To apply please send your CV and a covering letter explaining why you would like to join our exciting venture to our email address.
Privacy notice for job applicants can be found on our website here: http://www.littleforestfolk.com/careers/
Liberty Woodland School
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- Primary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 4 - 11 years