- Monday-Friday 8.30am-3.30pm (Term-Time only, 39 weeks)
- Salary- £17,481.87-actual salary
- To start as soon as possible
We require a Specialist Learning Support Assistant to work within our Forest School environment. This will involve 1:1, small group and in-class support. In conjunction with the Learning Lodge/Forest School Teacher, you will be responsible for using a range of techniques and approaches to meet the needs of our learners as outlined in their EHCPs. As well as supporting students, the role includes organisation of equipment and general support of the lead teacher.
The work requires moderate levels of physical effort. It involves lifting and handling of equipment and other resources and to be involved in practical activities and physical care of learners and the physical outdoor environment. The role is almost exclusively out of doors and will require working on uneven surfaces and in unpredictable weather conditions.
- Full driving licence and use of own vehicle
- Experience of working in schools (preferably SEN)
- Ready to work within the Forest School ethos, providing learners opportunities to achieve and develop confidence and self-esteem through hands-on experiences in woodland and natural environment
- Forest School Level 2 desirable but not essential
- Willing to learn new SEN teaching strategies/techniques and skills to best support students
- Proactive, creative and innovative
- Emotionally robust and resilient
- Committed to own personal and professional development
- Fresh ideas and a good insight into how to support students with mental health difficulties
• Free lunch and refreshments as well as free parking onsite
• Regular training from internal and external experts
• Employee Assist support line service
• Career progression opportunities
• Pension scheme
• Discounted venue hire for parties/weddings
Application Form, Job Descriptions and further details are on our website www.westheathschool.com or contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
Working at West Heath School involves close and unsupervised contact with vulnerable groups including children and as such is a regulated activity. The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Applicants must be willing to undergo safeguarding screening appropriate to the post.
West Heath School
- Special needs with independent funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years
We are a Specialist Independent School catering for a diverse range of needs for boys and girls age 11-19, many of whom have emotional and social communication difficulties. Prior to coming to us, some of our students will have been excluded from mai...